January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we're also suffering from is incoherent squad building for a number of years now, and this is one of the reasons that it's extremely important Walsh (or whoever) has a clearly defined role.

There was too many additions to the first team over the summer as a result of past failings and it takes time for players and the team to settle. Sticking another 3 or 4 into the mix is risky. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see minimal incomings in Jan, with us maybe using Garbutt/Baines for the season instead of buying.

Pretty much agree with this, think we will make an attempt at a striker though even on loan.

Striker obviously needed, not sure who we could get in January? Gamerio from Atletico i think we should look at! Costa available to play from January and they have Greizmann and Correa there already who are probably ahead of Gamerio.

I think another winger is needed. Bolasie is back yes and Lennon has done well but we need a better player out there for me!

CB wise, i know its only been a few games but Holgate and Williams are looking a decent pairing. Keane needs to step up if he wants a starting role in the world cup!

Left Back, Baines needs to stay fit but we could look at Shaw on a loan with view to permanent deal. Wouldn't be to most ridiculous idea! However can we call up Garbutt from Jan? Heard he's been playing ok for the u23s?

A new Number 10? Na i think we are alright there.
Can't see Gameiro to us. Could possibly see him off to Chelsea though. Might leave room for a discussion around Batshuayi to us on loan, particularly if they are in for Ross.

Would be surprised if we don't bring in a couple on loan.

Can't see Gameiro to us. Could possibly see him off to Chelsea though. Might leave room for a discussion around Batshuayi to us on loan, particularly if they are in for Ross.

Would be surprised if we don't bring in a couple on loan.
Wouldn't be a bad deal to be fair. He's scored goals when he's played. Conte just doesn't seem to fancy him

Are you sure???... Barkley to Chelsea, Davy to anywhere, Rooney now a central midfielder... only leaves us Siggi - we could be short! ;-)
I dont think Davy should go anywhere. I think if you throw a real striker in front of him, and give him a real winger or two you will finally see him shine. That is HIS spot, and his strengths of passing and shooting when given the space fit very well in there. What doesnt fit is putting a player like that in a team where you dont play any wingers with pace(which he doesnt have) and you dont have a dominant striker.

We could do well for the rest of the season with Davy and Siggy in that central attacking midfielder role, with Davies as 3rd option.

Reactions: dav

Sandro is barely a striker anyway, you're not a striker if you don't like to play in the box. At Malaga he looked like a guy who was happy to drift across the front line from LM-AM-RM. He was very good at doing it as well. His strengths are definitely in his distance shooting and he has got some pace about him so I really want to see him tried out on the left hand side. We need a striker regardless of whether Sandro stays or goes.

I think they call that a False 9 now a days! Not sure Big Sam believes in that sort of stuff though.

I've heard Baines is out until after Xmas. With his form plus injuries, plus no ready made replacement, surely a a long term LB now has to be a priority. Tierney from Celtic simply has to be number one on the list. If not him, then Sessegnon from Fulham. If not him, Walsh earn your money.

Tierney is not leaving Celtic anytime soon
We are WAY down the list of clubs looking to sign Sessegnon and he’d cost 30/40 m with add ons as extra

I'd throw a bid in for Shaqiri. He's far, far too good for Stoke, and much better than any of the wingers at Everton.

Really? I feel we dodged a massive bullet by not signing him. He has a pretty good record for scoring outstanding goals but they seem to be the only goals he does score. He doesn't look particularly creative either. Stoke have been a pretty dross outfit ever since he joined them, obviously that's not all his fault but he hasn't improved them the way they were hoping for.

Reactions: JLW

I'm aware of Esk's transfer rumour history, like, but on the financial side, he very much does know his stuff.

We're basically borrowing money against what we are still owed for Stones. It's irrelevant.

why tho? why do we need to borrow 13m ????

is the leccy bill due and we haven't got the coin till the man city payment rolls in?

don't understand this one

@hibbo'sclass

No.
He's awful mate.

Want/need better... be bothered taking arsenal players who cant get in their team...
the only way everton will get better is by buying players arsenal want or MAY want in the future...

Grimaldo at LB, not bloody cresswell and chilwell too.jesus christ.
If our number one striker target is not available till the summer I’d take Giroud on loan till then
Better him than a third or fourth choice striker
Very few top players move in Jan
Lukaku could be available at a reduced fee in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.