January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Lend us a tenner? I get paid a tenner next week will give you it back then.”

Quick summary of the Santander loan.

Billionnaire in pay day loan shocker... lollol

In all seriousness folks - the £13.5m loan really is just good business sense, based on cost. The availability of £60m with the Chinese bank is unsecured, and so the interest rate we would pay on that will be higher than for a secured loan like the Santander one. Basically, the bank feels a bit more comfortable about where its tenner is coming from, so we pay less for the loan as there's less risk on it. He's just using his assets efficiently (money owed by Citteh is an asset on the balance sheet).

Think the shouts we are skint are a bit excessive. Once everyone's fit we have a very bloated squad. Personally think Allardyce can get a tune from our centres halves and look at it again in the summer.

Priority should be striker and left back.

I'd go Bakambu, and I think shaw is worth a gamble, 20 million is not a lot these days unfortunately.

Think we're dreaming if we trying for more than one or two signings in january.

What we're also suffering from is incoherent squad building for a number of years now, and this is one of the reasons that it's extremely important Walsh (or whoever) has a clearly defined role.

There was too many additions to the first team over the summer as a result of past failings and it takes time for players and the team to settle. Sticking another 3 or 4 into the mix is risky. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see minimal incomings in Jan, with us maybe using Garbutt/Baines for the season instead of buying.

Just get 'um gone. Sandro is turd, Klaassen is like a little boy who'll never fill out and become quick or physical enough to play centre midfield in this league. 20m for the pair, Jagielka is thrown into the bundle for free. We'll drive them to anywhere in Europe too if they also offer a contract to Stekelenberg. Four for the price of two, plus free shipping.
Didn't Sandro score like 15 goals in La Liga last season?

He's clearly NOT "turd". Whether he's suited to PL is another question, but I'd sooner keep him tbh.

That said, even if he goes, we should be looking to make a profit on him as we got him for MASSIVELY beneath market value.

"If not, we will have to try to get Sandro to contribute a bit more."

By the sounds of Sam's quote it looks like if we can get a forward in Sandro is going.

That quote is pretty damning for Sandro alright, but if a striker is signed in January he would become 4th choice which if far too many options for a club competing in 1, possibly 2, competitions. Big Sam seems to be getting his excuses in early so Im not expecting for us to sign a striker in January anyway.

That quote is pretty damning for Sandro alright, but if a striker is signed in January he would become 4th choice which if far too many options for a club competing in 1, possibly 2, competitions. Big Sam seems to be getting his excuses in early so Im not expecting for us to sign a striker in January anyway.

Sandro is barely a striker anyway, you're not a striker if you don't like to play in the box. At Malaga he looked like a guy who was happy to drift across the front line from LM-AM-RM. He was very good at doing it as well. His strengths are definitely in his distance shooting and he has got some pace about him so I really want to see him tried out on the left hand side. We need a striker regardless of whether Sandro stays or goes.

Overweight, overpaid and will hang around like a bad smell post summer. We can be doing much better than that especially in WC year.
I would be devestated if we signed Troy Deeney on anything more than a 6 month contract with guarantee that he's released at the end of it. :D

Striker obviously needed, not sure who we could get in January? Gamerio from Atletico i think we should look at! Costa available to play from January and they have Greizmann and Correa there already who are probably ahead of Gamerio.

I think another winger is needed. Bolasie is back yes and Lennon has done well but we need a better player out there for me!

CB wise, i know its only been a few games but Holgate and Williams are looking a decent pairing. Keane needs to step up if he wants a starting role in the world cup!

Left Back, Baines needs to stay fit but we could look at Shaw on a loan with view to permanent deal. Wouldn't be to most ridiculous idea! However can we call up Garbutt from Jan? Heard he's been playing ok for the u23s?

A new Number 10? Na i think we are alright there.

Striker obviously needed, not sure who we could get in January? Gamerio from Atletico i think we should look at! Costa available to play from January and they have Greizmann and Correa there already who are probably ahead of Gamerio.

I think another winger is needed. Bolasie is back yes and Lennon has done well but we need a better player out there for me!

CB wise, i know its only been a few games but Holgate and Williams are looking a decent pairing. Keane needs to step up if he wants a starting role in the world cup!

Left Back, Baines needs to stay fit but we could look at Shaw on a loan with view to permanent deal. Wouldn't be to most ridiculous idea! However can we call up Garbutt from Jan? Heard he's been playing ok for the u23s?

A new Number 10? Na i think we are alright there.

Are you sure???... Barkley to Chelsea, Davy to anywhere, Rooney now a central midfielder... only leaves us Siggi - we could be short! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.