January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say we need CF, LB & CB, anything else needs to be counteracted by players in the same position being shown the door (in fact, CB wise I'd say we need to ship out as we bring in too, if there are any buyers).

I think we all believe our squad is CM/ACM heavy, plus when fit a bit CB heavy too (if you consider we would have 5 including holgate but excluding feeney and other on loan youth.) AGAIN if there were any buyers, I'd get shot of a few CMs.

TARGET = SIGN A STRIKER, LEFT BACK AND CENTRE BACK TO GIVE US A PUSH TOWARDS TOP 6 / 7 BY END OF SEASON. GENERATE FUNDS FROM FRINGE PLAYERS / PLAYERS NO LONGER REQUIRED BY THE MANAGEMENT. ONLY REALISTIC TRANSFERS SHOULD BE MENTIONED.

SELL
- MIRALLAS - 5M
- BESIC - 3M
- JAGIELKA - FREE
- BARKLEY - 10M
- KLAASSEN - 15M
- SANDRO - 5M
= 38M

SIGN
- GIROUD - LOAN
- TIERNEY - 20-25M
- A PROVEN CB - 10 - 15M

TAKING WAGES INTO ACCOUNT, AND IF WE WERE TO GET THE CB AND TIERNEY ON THE LOWER END OF THE SCALE, PURCHASE AN ADDITIONAL PACY WINGER TO INJECT FURTHER COMPETITION INTO THE SQUAD AND CHALLENGE LENNON AND BOLASIE FOR A START.

I DON'T SEE WHY TIERNEY WOULD BE UNREALISTIC, PLUS GIROUD KNOWS HE HAS TO LEAVE ARSENAL TO GET INTO FRANCE SQUAD FOR HIS LAST WORLD CUP.

Why you shouting blud, Sam can’t hear you

Personally, I cant see him adding CMs when we have 8 already.

I think he will go for a sweep of a few and bring in 1.

He's been quoted a couple of times as saying he needs to ensure his first buys are top notch or else he could be punted.

If he can do mate he will 100% bring in Nzonzi, player apparently rated him when playing for him, allardyce went as far as trying to call him up to his only England squad whilst in charge, and he is for certain leaving Seville this January.

Allardyce isn't stupid he will want someone in tat dressing room he knows he has the support from.

A midfield three of this lad, Gueye and Rooney would be a very good one btw, each would bring something the others lack. And should compliment each other. Then have Davies, Baningime, and one other as backups, flog the rest.

If he can do mate he will 100% bring in Nzonzi, player apparently rated him when playing for him, allardyce went as far as trying to call him up to his only England squad whilst in charge, and he is for certain leaving Seville this January.

Allardyce isn't stupid he will want someone in tat dressing room he knows he has the support from.

A midfield three of this lad, Gueye and Rooney would be a very good one btw, each would bring something the others lack. And should compliment each other. Then have Davies, Baningime, and one other as backups, flog the rest.

I remember Nzonzi well, thought he was very good in the premier league.

Gana + Rooney + Bainingime + Davies looks good and selling the rest would be ideal to free up funds.

I think Nzonzi is likely to come but hes 29 this week and although we do need experienced good players in the team I think if he was signed it would need to be with a succession plan for Baningime. Ideally we need younger lads to develop but I do think we need some experienced top quality pros as long as they don't nosedive.

Providing we moved on Besic klaassen McCarthy and schneiderlin and then got nzonzi that's decent.

As for Auba then hes soon 29 also.

Again, if theyre signed with a view to 3 seasons progression for Baningime and DCL for example it would be good.

I'd be overjoyed with N'Zonzi even if he's not as vital a position as others.

GK: Pickford/ Robles/ Stekelenburg (Sorted)

RB: Coleman/ Kenny (Sorted)

LB: NEW/ Baines

CB: NEW/ Holgate/ Keane/ Williams/ Funes Mori

DM: Gueye/ Baningime (Sorted)

CM: Rooney/ Davies/ Barkley/ Sigurdsson/ Klaassen (Sorted)

RW: Lennon/ Vlasic (Sorted)

LW: Bolasie/ Lookman (Sorted)

CF: NEW/ Calvert-Lewin/ Niasse/ Sandro

Bring in:

Left Back, Centre Back and a Striker.

Get rid of:

Jagielka
Martina
Schneiderlin
McCarthy
Besic
Mirallas

Linked with Phillip Maxx, German LB with Augsburg. Seven assists in 14 outings from the left-back position.

"Max is an accomplished defender, composed with the ball at feet, and possesses an impressive engine. He also has a wonderful final delivery, and would be a superb addition to whichever club wins the race for his signature. Whilst he is a left-back by trade, he can also play further up the pitch in the left midfield or left-wing roles".

He's got Premier League hair as well.

germany_s_player_philipp_max_celebrates_after_scoring_against_po_638630.jpg

Attachments

• germany_s_player_philipp_max_celebrates_after_scoring_against_po_638630.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 70
  • germany_s_player_philipp_max_celebrates_after_scoring_against_po_638630.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 71
I'd be overjoyed with N'Zonzi even if he's not as vital a position as others.

It's about building partnerships all over the park, nzonzi would suit a player like gueye and vice versa, both their workrates and strengths would then free Rooney up to do what he's best at.

Fact he played very well under the manager before gives me the inkling he would not struggle to fit into his plans as well.

It's about building partnerships all over the park, nzonzi would suit a player like gueye and vice versa, both their workrates and strengths would then free Rooney up to do what he's best at.

Fact he played very well under the manager before gives me the inkling he would not struggle to fit into his plans as well.

Off to the Reds to replace that Can imo, Ste.

I remember Nzonzi well, thought he was very good in the premier league.

Gana + Rooney + Bainingime + Davies looks good and selling the rest would be ideal to free up funds.

I think Nzonzi is likely to come but hes 29 this week and although we do need experienced good players in the team I think if he was signed it would need to be with a succession plan for Baningime. Ideally we need younger lads to develop but I do think we need some experienced top quality pros as long as they don't nosedive.

Providing we moved on Besic klaassen McCarthy and schneiderlin and then got nzonzi that's decent.

As for Auba then hes soon 29 also.

Again, if theyre signed with a view to 3 seasons progression for Baningime and DCL for example it would be good.

Nzonzi was good at Blackburn and even though Sam gave him tough love at one point he responded and has a good relationship, would be a good signing.

Auba is a dream really, but he will chase the money so that gives a chance if we are the ones offering most. He was willing to go China so he's not exactly gonna be picky if the money's on the table.

Both near 29, but we need those types. Otherwise we are stick in a cycle if by the time the young layers develop they are disillusioned already and wish to move to win things. Need a balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.