January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley to Chelsea is apparently agreed from a very reliable source.

That's a terrible stutter! lol:eek:
I am actually not bothered if he goes, he is a good player, but if he wants to leave, I would rather he just goes, get a few quid for him in January. If people have to be convinced to stay, I don't think that ever really works.

Gut instinct would agree with all of what you're saying there mate.

I would also add i reckon Jagielka will be 'allowed' to join up with Moyes at West Ham - removes an issue of him having the captaincy which i reckon Allardyce is desperate to give to Rooney (and probably rightly so) - Robles - we will keep as he won't get us any sort of fee with his contract nearly being up and he's a okay backup for the rest of the season.
Mirallas - 100 leaving - probably to go West Ham with Jags (IMO)

Besic - yeah can't see a future for the lad - missed his window with that horrible injury really. Mccarthy IF he gets any bids - can't see sam wanting to rely on a broken biscuit in centre mid, Barkley looks to be walking out on a free - so yeah we would sell him should we be able to (sadly)

Niasse - no idea about really, he has the willingness etc that the manager would like, but none of the former managers have fancied him on his training either - so could see him going if someone bids a good amount.

Klassen and Sandro - both have loans written all over them - will get us the loan fees to mitigate some of the money they cost, get big wages off the books, and guessing we will hope that their form either sees them coming back in the summer with renewed confidence, or that they attract serious interest based on how they play on loan from other teams so we can cut our losses without losing much if anything on them.

Wouldn't shock me to see him get rid of old Morgs either should someone come in with what we paid for him - nailed on i'd say - if say he manages to get a Nzonzi etc incoming.

Barkley
Besic
Niasse
Sandro/Klaassen loan or sold
McCarthy
Mirallas
Martina
Schneiderlin

All potential outs...possibly Jags like you say as well...

Barkley
Besic
Niasse
Sandro/Klaassen loan or sold
McCarthy
Mirallas
Martina
Schneiderlin

All potential outs...possibly Jags like you say as well...

I actually think allardyce will try flog anyone who either doesn't buy into what he wants or who he doesn't seem capable of it.

All to raise funds for ones he thinks can.

My gut instinct is we won't go with the type people are predicting striker wise - a target man etc. But we will go for a pace merchant instead.
Think Nzonzi will be brought in btw, think a new cb as well whose good in the air with some pace, and a left back - possibly the lad he's bought twice before.

I actually think allardyce will try flog anyone who either doesn't buy into what he wants or who he doesn't seem capable of it.

My gut instinct is we won't go with the type people are predicting striker wise - a target man etc. But we will go for a pace merchant instead.
Think Nzonzi will be brought in btw, think a new cb as well whose good in the air with some pace, and a left back - possibly the lad he's bought twice before.

N'Zonzi i can definitely see, a very good player as well, been outstanding for Sevilla since he joined them Could see us selling the likes of McCarthy & Besic to make room for him, and have Gueye, Schneiderlin fighting for a spot alongside him.

N'Zonzi i can definitely see, a very good player as well, been outstanding for Sevilla since he joined them Could see us selling the likes of McCarthy & Besic to make room for him, and have Gueye, Schneiderlin fighting for a spot alongside him.

I think all of McCarthy, Besic and Schneiderlin could see the door if N'zonzi comes in.
McCarthy due to fitness, Besic just hasn't worked and Morgan has been an unapologetic disaster this season.

With Gana, Davies and the emerging Beningime we have options, but we need a first 11 player who can make a difference.

I think all of McCarthy, Besic and Schneiderlin could see the door if N'zonzi comes in.
McCarthy due to fitness, Besic just hasn't worked and Morgan has been an unapologetic disaster this season.

With Gana, Davies and the emerging Beningime we have options, but we need a first 11 player who can make a difference.

If were looking centrally then we have Davies, Gana, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, McCarthy, Baningime, Besic, Rooney.

That's 8 players when only 2 can start...

Allardyce is far from stupid, he will target players he knows want and will be allowed to move clubs and les who maybe won't be on the radar in January for CL clubs.

Nzonzi fits that criteria perfectly and has a prior very good history with BFS, I actually think we will be sounding out aubamayang as well, he's unhappy as anything and wants a move. He's cup tied in Europe which reduces his appeal for big clubs, and when Dortmund slapped the price on him in summer no one bit - all the Chelsea and rs rumours about getting him are fuelled entirely by the fifa melts amongst their fans, who want him cos he's dead fast in a game.

He doesn't fit in with the vast majority of clubs who could afford hind playstyle for starters
Not that I think we will get him, but as far as being totally impossible, it's far from that, but will guarantee he won't end up at either Liverpool or Chelsea, prob Milan looks the likeliest.

If were looking centrally then we have Davies, Gana, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, McCarthy, Baningime, Besic, Rooney.

That's 8 players when only 2 can start...

Numbers doesn't matter mate, the manager will want players he actually wants and trusts, atm I'd say only gueye is nailed on in that regard for him.

No he isnt, for what we can get in Jan for Joel its not worth selling him, so we have him as back up and Stek we need to just pay off to get shut

He is.

And ignoring that, if you're going to pay him off, you may as well keep him as you'd be paying off his contract anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.