January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I feel we dodged a massive bullet by not signing him. He has a pretty good record for scoring outstanding goals but they seem to be the only goals he does score. He doesn't look particularly creative either. Stoke have been a pretty dross outfit ever since he joined them, obviously that's not all his fault but he hasn't improved them the way they were hoping for.
I always think he looks quality when they come to Goodison, and that's playing for a truly dreadful manager.

I'd like to see us go for Aboubakar instead of Giroud. And I always like Demarai Gray, but I doubt that he will joins us at the moment. Furthermore we need a backup for Baines.
20 goals in 22 apps this season, 5 of them in the Champions League. Seems like a talent but he's only just joined Porto in the summer so unlikely they'd be willing to sell him yet.

I'd like to see us go for Aboubakar instead of Giroud.

f05bbb65fec54e828c45420c4aa9125f.500x250x20.gif

It's an Offside Trap!!

If our number one striker target is not available till the summer I’d take Giroud on loan till then
Better him than a third or fourth choice striker
Very few top players move in Jan
Lukaku could be available at a reduced fee in the summer

In a world cup year then the dynamic changes for top players sitting on benches at clubs mate.

Ultimately IF we where really serious about improving the squad and pushing on this and more importantly next season then we could bring in players to aid that hugely, but it'd cost a lot and atm we've shown no urge to really spend that much over what we've brought in on sales plus some of the extra tv money...

Actually would go so far as to say January has more potential if you are willing to use it, players have fallen out of favour at clubs. A lot of clubs will have changed managers so players no longer fitting the new manager or the new man wanting to raise money to bring his own in etc. And some clubs who wouldn't sell a player late in the window will now do so as they have are doing better than they feared - clubs who wouldn't sell because they feared a relegation battle if they did who are now kinda already looking safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.