Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Robson Kanu was a free. Even Pulis said that he was not good enough at the time

Aye, to be fair that is true... was just pointing out that he was a clubless and was signed due to his performances at the Euros.

Have Everton signed anyone in the last decade or so based off their performances in an intl. tourney (senior intl. tourney that is). I'm struggling to think of one.

Aye, to be fair that is true... was just pointing out that he was a clubless and was signed due to his performances at the Euros.

Have Everton signed anyone in the last decade or so based off their performances in an intl. tourney (senior intl. tourney that is). I'm struggling to think of one.
We tried to sign Sissoko after the Euros in '16... One instance where our "mastery" of closing a transfer worked in our favor

I think its either Ross or Dowell. The squad doesnt have space for both, but I think it has space for 1, especially if we trim 1-2 midfielders in January.
I think they are very different types.
Ross has a very high workrate, is strong on the ball and carries it very well.
Kieran Dowell is much more about creativity and vision. If Dowell increases his effort and workrate then he will be a far better player because it is impossible to teach the ingenuity that Dowell shows.

Besic?

Ashley Williams.

Well personally I cant see Feeney or Dowell making it here, but how many frogs did we kiss before DCL.
Acually the one from that list I rate most is Davies, he suffers a bit with consistenty but I really can see him becoming a Bryan Robson type player and being as good, he's got energy he can tackle can shoot and had that bit of snide about him, also he's a local lad. But as a whole the future looks very bright with the players we have.

Acually the one from that list I rate most is Davies, he suffers a bit with consistenty but I really can see him becoming a Bryan Robson type player and being as good, he's got energy he can tackle can shoot and had that bit of snide about him, also he's a local lad. But as a whole the future looks very bright with the players we have.

Im not so sure, theres a lot of potential in that list, but thats all most of it is, potential, I think most from that list will certainly make it in the game, whether they make it in this league is open to debate with some, IMO.

They all have amazing technical ability, but you need more than that to be a real player in this league.

ok not last decade but Daniel Amokachi immediately springs to mind.

Vida is tough and plays hard, but not sure how athletic or skilled he is. Again, why is it we need to sign old dudes?

That being said, if we sold Morgan and signed N'Zonzi, man, that would be lovely. Still would need a LB, CF, and CB, but it would still be fantastic.

Vida is tough and plays hard, but not sure how athletic or skilled he is. Again, why is it we need to sign old dudes?

That being said, if we sold Morgan and signed N'Zonzi, man, that would be lovely. Still would need a LB, CF, and CB, but it would still be fantastic.

You call a 28 year old old and question his signing and then say it would be fantastic to sign a 29 year old.

I think you answered your own question.

I think they are very different types.
Ross has a very high workrate, is strong on the ball and carries it very well.
Kieran Dowell is much more about creativity and vision. If Dowell increases his effort and workrate then he will be a far better player because it is impossible to teach the ingenuity that Dowell shows.

..Barkley is a terrific runner with the ball but I think Dowell also carries the ball well.

Domagoj-Vida-TeamLineupIDphoto-170724-Ge-300.jpg

Be very afraid you pasty Brits
Hibbo on steds. Need a horrible bugger in the team- imagine him and Funes Mori- we may go down to 9 men, but the oppo would go down to 20 legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back