Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Left back needs to be a priority aswell
Absolutely. With Holgate playing as well as he is, CB is less of a priority assuming Keane can come back into form. Williams is so past it it's ridiculous.

I was never enamoured by Keane, but his size and speed is impressive. I just think if Holgate is really going to play, we need a stronger presence with him. Not sure that's Keane.

Absolutely. With Holgate playing as well as he is, CB is less of a priority assuming Keane can come back into form. Williams is so past it it's ridiculous.

I was never enamoured by Keane, but his size and speed is impressive. I just think if Holgate is really going to play, we need a stronger presence with him. Not sure that's Keane.

...Keane is very good in the air but I wouldn’t say his ‘speed is impressive’. I think he’s not the most mobile and is often exposed in a back 3. Keane needs pace and athleticism around him to be effective.

Just signing a striker - if we find the right one, was pretty much what Sam said. Probably the right call that too.
I think a striker and a left back/Centre back will come in because we simply don't have them. Maybe another striker if we clear off the deadweight. Interesting that Niasse wasn't included yesterday and was reported to have stormed off before the game - i think he'll be off.
Regardless of what Sam does this year he will go in the summer - that's my gut feeling so i can't see the board giving him too much to spend only for another manager to come in, in the summer and want to revamp the squad again.

Allardyce pretty insinuated in his interview last night there is likely to be more people leaving than arriving.
He suggested new there was young foreign players getting frustrated. Anyone foreign without premier league exp. won’t get much game time under him now.
Vlasic, klaason and Sandro could be looking at the exit door - hopefully with loan moves within the epl. At least we can see what they are made of.
I can see mirrallas, besic, McCarthy, and a keeper all being shifted. Barkley prob gone too.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Mori would be used for left back cover. Would add to the airial threat at set pieces. Or John joe with Coleman back.
This will leave a squad of 25 competing for places.
We shouldn’t expect too many changes in january

Not Vlasic. His name is mentioned often when Sam talks about the quality of young players here. He just needs a bit of time to adapt to the rigors of the league. He is a very good prospect and I am sure will be given every chance here in the coming seasons.

Sandro and Klaassen are very much under threat of the exit. They have not settled and played poorly (Klaassen in particular).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back