Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acually the one from that list I rate most is Davies, he suffers a bit with consistenty but I really can see him becoming a Bryan Robson type player and being as good, he's got energy he can tackle can shoot and had that bit of snide about him, also he's a local lad. But as a whole the future looks very bright with the players we have.

More like Linda Robson at moment !!

Sadly the majority of young players are a waste of money, you only have to look at all the wasted talent over the years to determine that. 1 in 20 makes it.

I think thats true more broadly, but at Everton we seem to do very well at getting them into the team. Probably our biggest weakness is getting them to kick on through their early 20's. When you look at the number of talented lads up to 20/21 we've had it's frightening, but beyond that needs to be looked at.

I think what you and others have been saying is right though, that we signing some bread and butter signings for the here and now will not do us any harm. To me both approaches can run simultaneously, and given the terrific recent record we've had at youth level we can and should exploit this opportunity as much as possible, however we also need lads who can hit the ground running quickly. I think that's probably the biggest mistake of this summer, where we signed on the whole good players but far too many who weren't ready to adapt to the leagues requirements quickly enough.

I had hoped we'd do more of that under Koeman, though I think his fallback was his inflexibility. Hopefully Allardyce will be more flexible in lads he takes, who know the league well are good players who may have fallen out of favour. Walcott, Van Arnholt, Shaw may be examples of this.

Anyway, we should continue with the youthful signings but not neglect getting reliable senior pro's alongside it.

I think thats true more broadly, but at Everton we seem to do very well at getting them into the team. Probably our biggest weakness is getting them to kick on through their early 20's. When you look at the number of talented lads up to 20/21 we've had it's frightening, but beyond that needs to be looked at.

I think what you and others have been saying is right though, that we signing some bread and butter signings for the here and now will not do us any harm. To me both approaches can run simultaneously, and given the terrific recent record we've had at youth level we can and should exploit this opportunity as much as possible, however we also need lads who can hit the ground running quickly. I think that's probably the biggest mistake of this summer, where we signed on the whole good players but far too many who weren't ready to adapt to the leagues requirements quickly enough.

I had hoped we'd do more of that under Koeman, though I think his fallback was his inflexibility. Hopefully Allardyce will be more flexible in lads he takes, who know the league well are good players who may have fallen out of favour. Walcott, Van Arnholt, Shaw may be examples of this.

Anyway, we should continue with the youthful signings but not neglect getting reliable senior pro's alongside it.

Where do we find those?

I think they are very different types.
Ross has a very high workrate, is strong on the ball and carries it very well.
Kieran Dowell is much more about creativity and vision. If Dowell increases his effort and workrate then he will be a far better player because it is impossible to teach the ingenuity that Dowell shows.
I wouldn’t say Barkley’s work rate was anything special.

Can see Wilfred bony coming. Started scoring again so obviously playing for a move, badly feigned injury last night against us last night. It’s on

Allardyce pretty insinuated in his interview last night there is likely to be more people leaving than arriving.
He suggested new there was young foreign players getting frustrated. Anyone foreign without premier league exp. won’t get much game time under him now.
Vlasic, klaason and Sandro could be looking at the exit door - hopefully with loan moves within the epl. At least we can see what they are made of.
I can see mirrallas, besic, McCarthy, and a keeper all being shifted. Barkley prob gone too.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Mori would be used for left back cover. Would add to the airial threat at set pieces. Or John joe with Coleman back.
This will leave a squad of 25 competing for places.
We shouldn’t expect too many changes in january

Allardyce pretty insinuated in his interview last night there is likely to be more people leaving than arriving.
He suggested new there was young foreign players getting frustrated. Anyone foreign without premier league exp. won’t get much game time under him now.
Vlasic, klaason and Sandro could be looking at the exit door - hopefully with loan moves within the epl. At least we can see what they are made of.
I can see mirrallas, besic, McCarthy, and a keeper all being shifted. Barkley prob gone too.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Mori would be used for left back cover. Would add to the airial threat at set pieces. Or John joe with Coleman back.
This will leave a squad of 25 competing for places.
We shouldn’t expect too many changes in january

He's not even close to being fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back