Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been really impressed with Bertrand Traore in those Lyon games against us. I see he's being linked with United in the Jan transfer window. Would love him here, pace, great movement and an eye for a pass and he knows where the net is too. Twice as good as most of the crap we bought in the summer and probably would have cost less too
Several of us were hoping we'd sign him this summer. We needed wingers, he was perfect, but Henry is in essence the same type of player.

And there is nothing wrong with Slimani. Nothing. Works hard, good in the air, can finish, he would help tremendously. But yes, he would be relatively expensive. Nicoli Jorgensen would still be interesting.

NYCFC and U21 England starlet Jack Harrison. Left ManU academy to play HS soccer over here. Played for my beloved Wake Forest University his freshman year before being taken #1 in the MLS draft.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/11/0...ps6m-mls-sensation-following-bright-spell-usa
He has some talent, but just like Larin, neither are anywhere near EPL quality and likely will never be. There are a couple interesting prospects in MLS, though. Just don't think either of them are one of them.

He has some talent, but just like Larin, neither are anywhere near EPL quality and likely will never be. There are a couple interesting prospects in MLS, though. Just don't think either of them are one of them.
Tyler Adams would be a nice get for the U23s. Also Elis from Houston on loan from Monterrey is only 21 and terrifies me every time the US plays Honduras. Haven’t watched much besides that but might be worth a look as a pacy player that can play wide or up top.

Tyler Adams would be a nice get for the U23s. Also Elis from Houston on loan from Monterrey is only 21 and terrifies me every time the US plays Honduras. Haven’t watched much besides that but might be worth a look as a pacy player that can play wide or up top.
Adams can play somewhere else, he's terrific. He's not going to sit on someone's U23 team.

Unfortunately, many of the good young players are already someone's property. Erik Palmer Brown on our U23s would be amazing. He's a future stud and has EPL level talent.

Adams can play somewhere else, he's terrific. He's not going to sit on someone's U23 team.

Unfortunately, many of the good young players are already someone's property. Erik Palmer Brown on our U23s would be amazing. He's a future stud and has EPL level talent.
Agreed on Adams that he'll be a top player, but he's not first team ready yet for Everton so it'd be a sign and loan or send to the U23s for a while. He's only 18. EPB is a strange one. Immensely talented, but he never nailed down a spot with SKC. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on with Man City. Still only 20 as well.

Several of us were hoping we'd sign him this summer. We needed wingers, he was perfect, but Henry is in essence the same type of player.

And there is nothing wrong with Slimani. Nothing. Works hard, good in the air, can finish, he would help tremendously. But yes, he would be relatively expensive. Nicoli Jorgensen would still be interesting.

What

Nah.
Not even close really.
I listed all the Martinez transfers the other day and it was terrible - only one massive hit in Lukaku, a few decent ones like Barry but the rest was just flop after flop.
Moyes record on transfers here was excellent. At least 50% hit which is a really good record.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/everton/english-football-teams/everton-transfers
Disagree.
Barry, Mccarthy, Robles, Del, Lukaku, Holgate, Mori and Lennon.

That is not bad at all.

Being realistic here, for this window we should buy a striker and a centre back. Promoting Garbutt to help Baines would be ideal. A cheeky bid for Bastuayi should be on the agenda.
We could give them Barkley and Sandro. Sounds like Morata wants a mate.

Yussef Poulsen ?

RB Leipzig;
23 years, 80 matches, 20 goals.

He really started to show his ability late last season, after he had a very tough start to his life in the Bundesliga, he just couldn't score. But late on, he started getting some goals and this season he's carried on where he left off really, scoring a few, playing pretty well. Leipzig have built such a good squad there, with a lot of quality players in almost all areas of the pitch.

He really started to show his ability late last season, after he had a very tough start to his life in the Bundesliga, he just couldn't score. But late on, he started getting some goals and this season he's carried on where he left off really, scoring a few, playing pretty well. Leipzig have built such a good squad there, with a lot of quality players in almost all areas of the pitch.
Also, he's attitude i great. I just read a article in Danish, on he's football philosophy, and he would be a catch, in that regard aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back