Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dembele is raw and not seen any credible link to us so far mate, potential yes a lot of it, but could be a case of having two young strikers both of whom have major improving to do to reach the standard of being a top striker in this league, question becomes are we better served getting one who is or has already been at that level in for a couple of seasons whilst DCL and hopefully Sandro develop?

As for Lozano - looks potentially a superstar in the making, but unless i'm mistaken he's had less than 6 months playing in Europe and that being in a second rate league, a huge gamble for that type of money, is he REALLY worth giving PSV 5 times the 7m they paid for him just this July? (not that i have seen any credible links to him either tbf)

Personally I don't mind and would be very happy with 2 young strikers with huge potential..not 100% on dembele but that profile.

We should be building up a stable of exceptional talent and playing them...were finishing 7th each season anyway bar a miracle.

I have been watching said Midget since he played for Pachuca.

Magica.

Indeed. Also the merchandising and other opportunities from Mexico would be immense.

Looks very high potential to me + cant see the fee being correct anyway...more like 20mil ish.

I think we do need a central defender, Jags isn't really up to it now because he's be playing if he was. Williams has been awful until the Westham match and didn't get dropped ( I know we only had him and Holgate fit). Jags is our best central defender but obviously doesn't have the pace anymore. I agree we need a replacement for Baines. He's still a decent player but can't get up and down the wing like he used to. If only we could find a young Steven Pienaar. Used to love him and Baines.

Jags and Williams still need binning in the summer (if not next month) so what's the harm in signing one now if the one we want is available?

We currently have;

Browning / Pennington / Galloway who should all be sold now or summer.
Mori / Williams who aren't good enough and should be sold at the end of the season
Jagielka who should be sold anytime
Holgate / Keane who should be 2 of 4 centre backs

I've no idea if Feeney or anyone else could be 4th choice as it stands.

Personally, I think if we can shift players (6 players out) now/summer then we will need 2 more.

It would be ideal if we signed one in Jan...he'd have till the end of the season to adapt and we may be able to sign someone who needs games due tot he world cup or someone whose contract is expiring...but perhaps superior targets may emerge at the end of the season

He's not even called Bakary ffs.
381CDBE0-9C90-4139-BA77-18D00950FB05.webp

I’ll be honest, never heard of him :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back