Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what he's saying

It's not exactly the largest sample size is it?

Contrast that with Tierney, who I've been essentially scouting now for close to three years

One game doesn't really tell you that much

It works as an argument that someone should get more chances or that someone is worth more research, but it doesn't really work as a barometer for immediate proof of ability

You've not been scouting Tierney mate.

If someone saw this Bristol City lad the other day and liked the look of him it's absolutely fine to say so.

...the Adama Soumaoro links continue. Bit of a left field one, very little on YouTube to see but there must be something if Walsh has been out and watched him for Lille. 25 years of age, 6ft 1in, a neck like ‘Odd-Job’, probably in the Micah Richards mould physically.

Just coming back after a serious Achilles injury would be a concern, I can only assume this lad has been identified because he has outstanding statistics.

...the Adama Soumaoro links continue. Bit of a left field one, very little on YouTube to see but there must be something if Walsh has been out and watched him for Lille. 25 years of age, 6ft 1in, a neck like ‘Odd-Job’, probably in the Micah Richards mould physically.

Just coming back after a serious Achilles injury would be a concern, I can only assume this lad has been identified because he has outstanding statistics.

Walsh's track-record with us doesn't exactly fill me with great optimism.

Anyway, just sign some bloody Germans or Bundesliga players please.

Philipp Max, Platternhardt, Salif Sane, Stark, Soyuncu, Dimata, Bernat, Vestergaard, Pavard, Haller, Heintz, Hector, Vogt, Hinteregger, Bebou.

Any and all, go nuts Everton.

Now is the time to do it, the Bundesliga clubs have already started making deals for January, they do not mess about. But there often doesn't tend to be that much 'big' transfers made in Germany during the Jan window. (Or anywhere maybe?!).

I get what he's saying

It's not exactly the largest sample size is it?

Contrast that with Tierney, who I've been essentially scouting now for close to three years

One game doesn't really tell you that much

It works as an argument that someone should get more chances or that someone is worth more research, but it doesn't really work as a barometer for immediate proof of ability

Whats your verdict on Tierney then?

Left Wing Back.
No he was flat out playing left mid, he was not playing a wing back until maybe the last 10 minutes or so, and then he was really just playing left back.

And yes, it was one game. I don't many here are clammoring for us to sign him, but he did look darn good against United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back