Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nzonzi can actually stand up against a bit of physicality from yarddogs like Can and Henderson then I’m all for him. We need a midfielder who doesn’t get ran over in every Derby. Pace power and strength needs to be essential in every player we buy. We can’t afford any more slow players.

He's a good player like, then again i thought Schneiderlin would be boss for us too ;/

Not what i would do myself mate, it's more what i think BFS will end up doing, IF he as i suspect been given a budget with the proviso of any sales adding to it, then expect to see him VERY busy offloading anyone he doesn't see as essential (He obviously prefers DCL to him, and is buying another striker now) don't see Sam not trying to cash in to the tune of 10-15m if Brighton are willing to go that high.

No chance on earth i don't see him trying to add a striker (obv this lad), a left back, another cb - if he has any intention of playing higher than our own box, and at least one centre mid who fits the mouold of what he likes - as in a big unit who can cover a lot of ground, for what it's worth i think Nzonzi alongside Gueye would provide Allardyce with what he likes - a very very solid protection in front of the back four and one with more physical presence as well than it has with Morgan

I don't really know which way it is going to go. For some reason I just think we'll only buy two. I just don't believe we'll buy a left back this Jan for some reason and starting to think we may not even buy a centre back now. As long as we do brilliant work in the summer I don't really care tbh, we messed up this season royally.

I'd expect Allardyce to try offload any high value player he can do if he doesn't really fancy them though mate, purely to raise more cash to bring in ones he thinks can fit the system better.

Hence wouldn't be surprised at all to see Schneiderlin, Besic, Niasse, Martina, Sandro, Klassen and possibly Vlasic and Lookman all leave either permanently if there is buyers for the right price or on loan if not.

If we bring a player in for a position, then we will 100% try to let a player go from that position too. I think we will bring in 4 or 5 in total either on loan or permanent (striker, left back, centre mid, maybe centre back and either a winger or another striker on loan), and we will see 7-8 or more leaving either perm or loaned out to streamline the squad.
Can't see Lookman leaving. Hope not anyway.

I don't really know which way it is going to go. For some reason I just think we'll only buy two. I just don't believe we'll buy a left back this Jan for some reason and starting to think we may not even buy a centre back now. As long as we do brilliant work in the summer I don't really care tbh, we messed up this season royally.

Just looking at his most recent job mate, took over palace in the winter window he signed a defensive mid (mijlajovic), a centre back on loan (sakho) and two left backs - one attacking one (van aanholt) and one who could play lb and cb in Schlupp.

I can't stand BFS, but one thing he will do is make sure he has someone he trusts in each position - and at lb - i can't see any chance that he regards Martina as anything other than a liability

Like others say, we have snides, gueye, Davies, Mccarthy, baningime and besic... We really don't need another centre mid that doesn't score or assist.

We need another Ross barkley or a Klaassen type to play when we have Rooney out. Two games he's out and we draw two blanks. Tbf maybe Klaassen should have been given a go in his absence, but if barkley is off, we need to buy another similar player.

The only way we need nzonzi is if we sell snides, Mccarthy and besic all in one go.
It’s not just about scoring and assisting. It’s about keeping the ball and passing the ball forward to teammates. And if Nzonzi is better at this than gana/snides/davies. Which wouldn’t be hard. Then that will make us better as a team. Gana & davies have been poor passing the ball, especially against good teams who force them to pass quick.

As for McCarthy & besic, both are nowhere near good enough to move us forward.

Sell Besic, McCarthy and Mirallas and bring in Mahrez and Doucoure. Watford are already panicking over Doucoure and from what he's show so far he looks the business.

and frankly IF he isn't gonna play Vlasic and Lookman more than 5 mins here or there, then i hope we do loan them out and let them actually develop by playing rather than stagnate sitting on a bench or not even on that. BFS won't be here long anyway and the next manager may benefit from that.

Heard whispers he's not keen on either. I'd deffo be loking to keep them both post this manager if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back