Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at his most recent job mate, took over palace in the winter window he signed a defensive mid (mijlajovic), a centre back on loan (sakho) and two left backs - one attacking one (van aanholt) and one who could play lb and cb in Schlupp.

I can't stand BFS, but one thing he will do is make sure he has someone he trusts in each position - and at lb - i can't see any chance that he regards Martina as anything other than a liability

Yet he’s started him in every game he’s managed so far?

Heard whispers he's not keen on either. I'd deffo be loking to keep them both post this manager if true.

It's pretty obvious just by looking at the team sheets and how many minutes each is getting mate, Mirallas and Besic are 100% off if any takers as well following a similar pattern

Yet he’s started him in every game he’s managed so far?

Because we have 2 full backs on the books mate who aren't injured, we also have no cb who is able to play left back either and no wider player who is able to play that side.

the club in it's great wisdom decided against buying a back up full back for Baines, decided to not register Garbutt and decided to loan out every under 23 player who could provide cover - i think 3 in total loaned out who could play lb.

Like both McCarthy and basic, however, injuries have really taken their toll on both and it's probably time for both to move on for the sake of their careers.

Would happily see them two go and N'Zonzi come in, was earning rave reviews last season at Sevilla.

Out:

Mirallas
Besic
McCarthy
Klaassen
Barkley

In:

Tosun
N'Zonzi
Kone

I reckon this combined with the injured players making a return will do us until the summer.

For me:

LB - Joe Bryan. Only saw the Man U game but he was boss. Exactly what we need. He is a Bristol lad so he may want to wait it out until the summer to see if they get promoted, but I'd put in a bid for him with no hesitation. Plan B - I'd take Luke Shaw on loan, as he would be an upgrade over Martina, and see how he does. If he looks good buy him in the summer. For me getting a LB who can get up the pitch will do more for our attack than a CF would.

CF - Tosun appears to be a done deal. I would stop there. We have to have minutes for DCL to keep progressing. He just can't play every single game. Niasse can still be an impact sub IMO.

MF - My preference is for Ross to stay and play a box to box role next to Gana or Beni. I don't like Schnederlin, uptick in form not withstanding. I don't think I'll get my wish though, so I'm not opposed to N'Zonzi or the lad from Nice. Having said that, I think Rooney needs to play there and bringing someone new in just pushes him further upfield, and that clearly doesn't work. Personally I'd give Liam Walsh a go in certain spots as his skill set is exactly what we need if we're going to play two MF deeper. But that doesn't look possible and it might be too much to throw him in now with no game experience to speak of this season.

Whoever we buy needs to be able to keep possession, allowing us to get others up the pitch. Ross was that player, and Davies could be eventually, but he's struggling atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back