Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others say, we have snides, gueye, Davies, Mccarthy, baningime and besic... We really don't need another centre mid that doesn't score or assist.

We need another Ross barkley or a Klaassen type to play when we have Rooney out. Two games he's out and we draw two blanks. Tbf maybe Klaassen should have been given a go in his absence, but if barkley is off, we need to buy another similar player.

The only way we need nzonzi is if we sell snides, Mccarthy and besic all in one go.

Like others say, we have snides, gueye, Davies, Mccarthy, baningime and besic... We really don't need another centre mid that doesn't score or assist.

We need another Ross barkley or a Klaassen type to play when we have Rooney out. Two games he's out and we draw two blanks. Tbf maybe Klaassen should have been given a go in his absence, but if barkley is off, we need to buy another similar player.

The only way we need nzonzi is if we sell snides, Mccarthy and besic all in one go.

Not really mate, Besic is never fit and obviously not fancied, McCarthy is fit about one week per season, leaves us with just Gueye and Schneiderlin for that position, If Nzonzi comes in you'd expect Schneiderlin to go out - maybe to West Ham for not far off the same fee we paid.

For what it's worth, think we will see one in one out throughout the summer with this turkish lad coming in signalling us offloading Niasse to another team in this league

Same if we sign a cb i'd expect Jagielka to go over to somewhere like West Ham.

Not really mate, Besic is never fit and obviously not fancied, McCarthy is fit about one week per season, leaves us with just Gueye and Schneiderlin for that position, If Nzonzi comes in you'd expect Schneiderlin to go out - maybe to West Ham for not far off the same fee we paid.

For what it's worth, think we will see one in one out throughout the summer with this turkish lad coming in signalling us offloading Niasse to another team in this league

I'd expect we'd see Besic and McCarthy out tbh? Replace with one decent midfielder who is actually fit

I'd take that as long as it wasn't cemented permanent, not sure how good he is anymore

Watched him in two starts this season, and he looks as good as he did when moving to united and before his injury IMO, was MoM in one of them.

Lost none of his pace, gets up and down the line and haven't seen him doing anything that made me think ouch.

I'd expect we'd see Besic and McCarthy out tbh? Replace with one decent midfielder who is actually fit

I'd expect Allardyce to try offload any high value player he can do if he doesn't really fancy them though mate, purely to raise more cash to bring in ones he thinks can fit the system better.

Hence wouldn't be surprised at all to see Schneiderlin, Besic, Niasse, Martina, Sandro, Klassen and possibly Vlasic and Lookman all leave either permanently if there is buyers for the right price or on loan if not.

If we bring a player in for a position, then we will 100% try to let a player go from that position too. I think we will bring in 4 or 5 in total either on loan or permanent (striker, left back, centre mid, maybe centre back and either a winger or another striker on loan), and we will see 7-8 or more leaving either perm or loaned out to streamline the squad.

I'd keep niasse, he's shown he can score. Imagine if this Turkish lad flops, we'll have him and dcl to choose from for the rest of the season. A big name striker will be saved until the summer hopefully

I'd keep niasse, he's shown he can score. Imagine if this Turkish lad flops, we'll have him and dcl to choose from for the rest of the season. A big name striker will be saved until the summer hopefully

Not what i would do myself mate, it's more what i think BFS will end up doing, IF he as i suspect been given a budget with the proviso of any sales adding to it, then expect to see him VERY busy offloading anyone he doesn't see as essential (He obviously prefers DCL to him, and is buying another striker now) don't see Sam not trying to cash in to the tune of 10-15m if Brighton are willing to go that high.

No chance on earth i don't see him trying to add a striker (obv this lad), a left back, another cb - if he has any intention of playing higher than our own box, and at least one centre mid who fits the mouold of what he likes - as in a big unit who can cover a lot of ground, for what it's worth i think Nzonzi alongside Gueye would provide Allardyce with what he likes - a very very solid protection in front of the back four and one with more physical presence as well than it has with Morgan

If Nzonzi can actually stand up against a bit of physicality from yarddogs like Can and Henderson then I’m all for him. We need a midfielder who doesn’t get ran over in every Derby. Pace power and strength needs to be essential in every player we buy. We can’t afford any more slow players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back