Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with that formation is that it suggests that our ball retention and lack of creativity is solely down to one attacker. I appreciate that if we had a better defence it would enable the midfield to move forward but even last season with Lukaku we retained the ball poorly and put pressure on ourselves.

It also has Bolasie and Sigurdsson in the front 3 *shudders*

Sod it all go and get Dembele(I said this in the summer too) he would suit us better anyway he actually has some pace, this guy looks a good target man who can finish 1 in 3 chances but without service it will be pointless. Dembele could be anything and make his own chances just like Rom when we got hold of him.

weather he's good enough or not, the fact luke garbutt hasnt been registered yet is a disgrace
I don't understand this. I thought registration was all about the foreign players and we could have as many home-grown as we wanted.
Obviously I was wrong.

Nowadays there's not one player I'd be bothered about leaving, I was disappointed to see Deloufeu and to an extent Lukaku's (but didn't like his attitude towards us) further back I was sad to see Arteta and when big Dunk went to Newcastle, then the obvious one Rooney. But now this shower I see anyone leaving is better for the club, it's quite hard to pick a decent player out of the lot of then, Pickford is probably the best and that tells you something. Deep down I don't think our players are bad players, but they have zero idea how to play as a team, at this moment in time 3 managers have found that out.
In the current squad I'd be sad to see Gana, Pickford or Coleman jump ship. Then the same can be said for the young lads as even if some are underperforming, they are young lads.

Think we've held onto say Jags etc too long, whereas we could've used Barry for this season in hindsight.

The signings were made without a plan on how to integrate them into a single team as you've pointed out.

...remember last summer when some folk on here were so delighted with our business they were saying ‘heads are falling off on RAWK’. Not sure who they were but it really is a lesson learned that we only really know how good an acquisitions is by how they perform on the pitch.

Vault them right now.

...remember last summer when some folk on here were so delighted with our business they were saying ‘heads are falling off on RAWK’. Not sure who they were but it really is a lesson learned that we only really know how good an acquisitions is by how they perform on the pitch.

I’ll vault myself on this one

giphy.gif

In terms of midfield, I'd be looking to go back in for Dendoncker. No idea how he's performed this season but by all accounts he's got to be better than Schneiderlin/Besic etc.

Sell Schneids, Klaassen and Besic

Sign Dendoncker and another.

Unless he's playing CB, do we need another slow player? I like him and all, good passer, decent long shot, but don't you think we need more athleticism in the middle of the pitch? Watching Morgan try and chase guys around is embarrassing. Even against Bournemouth, the lack of athletes was so obvious the second Gana left the pitch.

Unless he's playing CB, do we need another slow player? I like him and all, good passer, decent long shot, but don't you think we need more athleticism in the middle of the pitch? Watching Morgan try and chase guys around is embarrassing. Even against Bournemouth, the lack of athletes was so obvious the second Gana left the pitch.
Absolutely. We need players who can go from box to box, I've just personally admired Dendoncker for a while and not all players that are slow are useless (see Barry).

Also why I said Dendoncker + another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back