Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theo Walcot. 28 scoring last season, can't make Arsenal first team. Worth a punt?
If he'd come to us I don't see why we wouldn't be interested, he's a quality player that'd definitely improve our team, but I don't know if he'd be up for a mid table, struggling side

...remember last summer when some folk on here were so delighted with our business they were saying ‘heads are falling off on RAWK’. Not sure who they were but it really is a lesson learned that we only really know how good an acquisitions is by how they perform on the pitch.

We had a few pundits fooled as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40637077

What a [Poor language removed].

..injury record is a concern for me. It never improves with a player like him. I also ask about a players attitude and I get the distinct impression that the game doesn’t really matter to him.

I posted about this earlier. It was a couple of years ago stretching over 2 seasons. Prior to that he played 30-35+ games a season since his first season. After his performance last year and 79 games over the last two years, im willing to take a gamble

..injury record is a concern for me. It never improves with a player like him. I also ask about a players attitude and I get the distinct impression that the game doesn’t really matter to him.

Hows that? I see a player playing in not ideal circumstances getting overlooked week after week but still put up more goals than any of our players last season besides lukaku.

I could be wrong. I just dont see it.

Hows that? I see a player playing in not ideal circumstances getting overlooked week after week but still put up more goals than any of our players last season besides lukaku.

I could be wrong. I just dont see it.

..he’s talented, no doubt about that. Pace and a decent finisher. It might be me who’s wrong, but he looks in his comfort zone to me. When they played recently, Wenger turned to ask him to get ready and he certainly wasn’t busting a gut to get on. It’s a view i’ve had about him for a while.

..he’s talented, no doubt about that. Pace and a decent finisher. It might be me who’s wrong, but he looks in his comfort zone to me. When they played recently, Wenger turned to ask him to get ready and he certainly wasn’t busting a gut to get on. It’s a view i’ve had about him for a while.
To be fair not many players in the EPL jump right up and get going. It really is confusing to me that they are not dressed ready to go.
Its put my boots on, slide in my pads, have a bit of a jog yada yada yada. I to get your frustration with that.

However when it comes to what he is thinking or feeling, we will never truly know. On the other hand ignoring the raw data because what one may or may not be feeling/ thinking, is not the answer. When he is fit he plays and he produces. It is true he had a bit of injury issues but that was 2 years ago and since then playing in multiple competitions and a grueling EPL, id say he has held up pretty well when you look at the whole.

13 games this season not starting 4 goals 5 assists plus the previous mentioned, yea id say he is worth a go.

Of course that’s true mate, an agent is more concerned with his clients new team than pocketing £10m from the deal

You offer a kings ransom, they come. Football has no morals
It’s nothig to do with morals Chris, in fact quite the opposite.

Whoever we get in up front right now we're going to have overpay for, both in fee and wages.

The world knows we’re desperate for a striker, and the numbers will go up accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back