January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racially abused a copper who had arrested him for drink-driving mate.

This is the best bit:

Nick Freeman, representing Sinclair, said the catalyst for his behaviour that night was being subjected to racism in front of his family while out having a meal hours earlier. Freeman said a woman had approached Sinclair, patted him on the head and called him a “little chocolate man”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...inclair-admits-drink-driving-and-racial-abuse

Ah, thanks mate. What a bellend!

This is the best bit:

Nick Freeman, representing Sinclair, said the catalyst for his behaviour that night was being subjected to racism in front of his family while out having a meal hours earlier. Freeman said a woman had approached Sinclair, patted him on the head and called him a “little chocolate man”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...inclair-admits-drink-driving-and-racial-abuse

What the actual?! Bizarre if true, though he was intoxicated like..

I'm resigned to signing no one with a few outgoings. And to tell you the truth I'm ok with that. We ain't finding a Baines replacement now definitely not Tierney who still have European football. Sesseggon will be crazy money.

January isn't the time to do deals and we only end up paying crazy fees like Morgan and lump them on big wages.

It isn't my money as no doubt majority will say but we spunked over £100m on absolute crap in the Summer. Best we are finishing is 7th lowest 9th pointless.

Start over again in the Summer
Pretty much my thinking mate. However with it being WC year there may be some opportunities in the loan market, maybe somebody like Batman at Chelsea who will be looking for game time.

This is the best bit:

Wasn't these two was it?

Can't see us having much of a budget mate. Not sure what our net spend was in the summer but I reckon we were expecting decent fees in for Barkley, Funes Mori and McCarthy, none of which materialised due to injury. Also sales of Niasse, Mirallas and Lennon all fell through too. Probably just short of £100m there.

For various reasons I can't see us offloading many players in January either. Maybe a few loans but that won't bring much cash in. So we're already top heavy size wise before bringing anybody else in.

I'm of the opinion that the season is pretty much a dead rubber now. I'd be content to try and bring in a couple of loans, a striker and left sided defender. There'll be a lot of players about looking for game time with it being a world cup year, so hopefully we can capitalise in that. Then go again in the summer, hopefully with a new management team (inc DOF).

Totally represents my views.

This season is a write off.

Lets limp to safety then get rid of BS and Walsh.

Don't spend heavily in JAn ( if at all ) and give our sparkling new manager all the cash to spend in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back