January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

My point is we have always lacked goals until Lukaku. And I don’t just mean from strikers I mean from the side as a whole. We haven’t had a midfielder who can get us goals for years and years. Moyes would say it, Martinez and even Koeman that we always seem to lack in the final third. We have done for a long time now

Cahill?

Badly need a left back, winger who can beat someone, a central mid who can actually pass a ball forwards, a striker who can score and control a ball, and a centre back who isn't 70 and who doesn't have the turning circle of a aircraft carrier.

Then again we've had since summer and apparently think you can't start negotiating till January window opens and then only allowed one negotiation at a time, so not a prayer we get more than a couple of those in, which should be enough to see the back of elstone, blue bill and Walsh. But it won't...

I'm resigned to signing no one with a few outgoings. And to tell you the truth I'm ok with that. We ain't finding a Baines replacement now definitely not Tierney who still have European football. Sesseggon will be crazy money.

January isn't the time to do deals and we only end up paying crazy fees like Morgan and lump them on big wages.

It isn't my money as no doubt majority will say but we spunked over £100m on absolute crap in the Summer. Best we are finishing is 7th lowest 9th pointless.

Start over again in the Summer

I'm resigned to signing no one with a few outgoings. And to tell you the truth I'm ok with that. We ain't finding a Baines replacement now definitely not Tierney who still have European football. Sesseggon will be crazy money.

January isn't the time to do deals and we only end up paying crazy fees like Morgan and lump them on big wages.

It isn't my money as no doubt majority will say but we spunked over £100m on absolute crap in the Summer. Best we are finishing is 7th lowest 9th pointless.

Start over again in the Summer

Ok to go through the rest of the season without a striker and some clown playing LB?

Badly need a left back, winger who can beat someone, a central mid who can actually pass a ball forwards, a striker who can score and control a ball, and a centre back who isn't 70 and who doesn't have the turning circle of a aircraft carrier.

Then again we've had since summer and apparently think you can't start negotiating till January window opens and then only allowed one negotiation at a time, so not a prayer we get more than a couple of those in, which should be enough to see the back of elstone, blue bill and Walsh. But it won't...

"There's a huge amount of data that's already gathered and collected in all areas of players' availability - what he is, what he does, what type of player is he? Then, of course, is he available, what price is he available for, what length of contract does he want, does he want to come? That process is already in place. And that process with Steve, who is the Director of Football, is then communicated with the owners and will be very clear and precise. A decision will be made and when that decision is made we will move on with it one way or the other. It's very simple." Asked if he would have the final say on transfers, Allardyce added: "The final decision becomes a collective issue - of can we tick all the boxes? And are we all agreed that we will try and go down this route or down this line?" Allardyce was asked if it was his responsibility to identify areas of the team that needed strengthening and Walsh's to come up with a list of possible targets. "I think the answer to that is probably 'yes'," he said.

And yet seemingly here we are, with a wad of relevent information, messing about again. We should have known who we wanted in and had as much as possible in place for Jan 1st. It's a WC year too so quality should be easier to bring in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back