January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve got Morata so he’s chances will always he limited.

That was my biggest worry about Sam coming here. I have lots of worries over him as a manager and how he will set us up but his recruitment policy worries me the most.
Morata was injured a couple of games ago and Michy didn’t get a start it may have been against us?

Morata was injured a couple of games ago and Michy didn’t get a start it may have been against us?
Conte did the same last season when he was the only fit striker he still benched him and played Hazard in the false no 9 role. Clearly doesn't fancy the lad

Reactions: JLW

That did suprise me also. It may well be they’ve fallen out, agreed he can go, slightly injured who knows. May be more to it. I think if he was fit, the fact he didn’t play suggests his time at Chelsea is limited either way. Question is can we afford him and would he even want to come here. I would imagine many clubs with better finances and prospects would want him ahead of us

If you take Lukaku away we’ve had problems scoring for many many years
That's a strange comment, any team would struggle for goals if you took their top scorer for the last 3 seasons out of the team. Whats wrong with relying on your top goal scorer to score you goals?

The problem is we never replaced him and that needs fixing in this window.

That's a strange comment, any team would struggle for goals if you took their top scorer for the last 3 seasons out of the team. Whats wrong with relying on your top goal scorer to score you goals?

The problem is we never replaced him and that needs fixing in this window.

My point is we have always lacked goals until Lukaku. And I don’t just mean from strikers I mean from the side as a whole. We haven’t had a midfielder who can get us goals for years and years. Moyes would say it, Martinez and even Koeman that we always seem to lack in the final third. We have done for a long time now

That did suprise me also. It may well be they’ve fallen out, agreed he can go, slightly injured who knows. May be more to it. I think if he was fit, the fact he didn’t play suggests his time at Chelsea is limited either way. Question is can we afford him and would he even want to come here. I would imagine many clubs with better finances and prospects would want him ahead of us
Let’s be honest and I know I’m constantly going on about our dinosaur manager, but who in the right mind would say ‘I would love to play for Sam Allardyce’ now Martinez at least had a style of play, Koeman had the name because of his playing career. but this fat mess

I'm hoping we have a lot of outs between now and the summer.. We seem to have loads of options available but with average players. Rather the manager had less options at the minute because they seem to tinker with the team too much. I remember Moyes having better results when he had a certain amount of players to work with. Koeman, Unsy and now Sam seem to chop and change too much. Sell 7/8 of the dross and replace with two or three quality players and let the youth be the back up.

True however say we are playing with Tosun up top. You are bringing on Niasse, DCL or Batshuayi. Niasse doesn't get close to the pitch imo haha

Agree - but gotta consider two things as well:

a) injuries
b) DCL and Batshuayi don't have the same strength to move defenders around and create havoc. Don't get me wrong - love DCL's commitment to run channels and chase, and won't forget the point he helped nick at shitefield - but I'd rather go with all four as we'll likely use 3 a game with subs anyway.

I'm hoping we have a lot of outs between now and the summer.. We seem to have loads of options available but with average players. Rather the manager had less options at the minute because they seem to tinker with the team too much. I remember Moyes having better results when he had a certain amount of players to work with. Koeman, Unsy and now Sam seem to chop and change too much. Sell 7/8 of the dross and replace with two or three quality players and let the youth be the back up.
SO TRUE

My point is we have always lacked goals until Lukaku. And I don’t just mean from strikers I mean from the side as a whole. We haven’t had a midfielder who can get us goals for years and years. Moyes would say it, Martinez and even Koeman that we always seem to lack in the final third. We have done for a long time now

Definitely not scoring enough this season, don't really care if it's from midfield or the strikers but we need to put more away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back