January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha isn’t going anywhere. Especially here though.

Yeah don't think he'll leave in Jan however as the RS have shown you can grease the wheels in preparation for a deal to be done in the following window. I think we done similiar with Keane in fairness last january window.

I dont think he would get in any of the top 6 sides and for the money Palace would want those clubs could attract CL quality players. Zaha seems really good mates with Bolasie aswell and are always in contact on social media so you never know if Yannick could sway him to GP.

Given we seem to lack any structure to implement a structure of hoovering up top young talent, looking to pay slightly over the odds (for European teams) for players coming to the end of the careers from Europe is actually not a bad option at all. You can pick up some really talented players, who still have 2-3 years left at the top for a fraction of the price. Turan, Gaitan and Nzonzi all probably fit easily into this category.

I'd be really pleased with gaitan. We have lookman, vlasic, Sandro and maybe this onyekuru coming in as our wingers next season and I rate them all, they've all got a lot of talent, but it'll be another two or three seasons until they're properly trusted to be our main wide men. So they need game time at another prem team imo, mainly because of the fees paid for Bolasie and Sigurdsson, they'll be the main options next season, so somebody a bit older to come in and bridge that gap over the next couple of years would be really useful. Also he's very good.

You and Davek suggested this already and again, I'll reminder you that he's out injured. He's also not as good as Phillip Max, but wouldn't be as expensive, either.

Isn't he back in training now?

Either of those two or Douglas Santos would do for left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back