January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't he back in training now?

Either of those two or Douglas Santos would do for left back.

I did see that, apparently he is. They think he might even be available for their first game on the 14th. Can't image we'd buy someone like that without knowing and I'd think we'd want a LB in sooner than that.

You and Davek suggested this already and again, I'll reminder you that he's out injured. He's also not as good as Phillip Max, but wouldn't be as expensive, either.
True, but I dont think we realistically have a shot at Phillip Max. If we could get in a LB of that quality I think it would make a big difference.

In a sick way, I'm kind of rooting for the sales of a bunch of guys almost more than the incoming players. Maybe in my mind it'll fuel more purchases, but somehow I feel it's kind of a sick.

So, if the window was Tosun, Phillip Max, Walcott on Loan, and Jean Seri, we would all be really pleased, yes? Likelihood of getting 2? Slim probably, but hey, might as well dream.

True, but I dont think we realistically have a shot at Phillip Max. If we could get in a LB of that quality I think it would make a big difference.
Does seem like we'd have some competition. But again, where the heck are all these LBs going to play? Chelsea has quite a few, Man City has Delph playing well and Mendy coming back eventually, Arsenal has Kolasinac AND Nacho, Spurs have Rose and Davies, Man U has Blind, Shaw, and even Young can play there, Liverpool has Moreno, Robertson, and plays Gomez out there.

Just seems to me we've got two HUGE spots for players to come in and start with some pretty good teammates around them in a top 7 or 8 side in the EPL that has convinced some people we have real ambition to be better.

So, if the window was Tosun, Phillip Max, Walcott on Loan, and Jean Seri, we would all be really pleased, yes? Likelihood of getting 2? Slim probably, but hey, might as well dream.

Heck, yes. If we got Tosun and Max I'd be happy. Rather have N'Zonzi than Seri, but Seri is a good replacement for Ross and can hold the ball (although he is small and this isn't Ligue 1).

Ah...we can always dream. Depends on sales of course, but think that's a tall order in January.

In a sick way, I'm kind of rooting for the sales of a bunch of guys almost more than the incoming players. Maybe in my mind it'll fuel more purchases, but somehow I feel it's kind of a sick.

Can see your point, we have far too many players we dont need that shouldnt really play again, the squad is too big, we need smaller squad but better quality

Day 4 of the January transfer window

AND STILL NO LEFT BACK SIGNED.

Cuco Martina, a championship ( at best) standard right back will be our first choice left back in our 3rd round FA, Cup tie away on Friday night.

This is still a disgrace.
Lol this ain't a new thing when have we ever had anything other than a championship standard #2 left back?

But [Poor language removed] Walsh yh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back