January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Until Shaw and Walcott are both out injured.

Again.

True. But you tend to pick up silly injuries when you don't play regularly. Who's to say playing week in week out might actually help then stay fit?

There's not that many proven premier league players available, which is why i suggested them in first place btw.

Could see a loan arrangement involving nzonzi and Sandro which would suit both players and teams.

If we are buying tosun then would take Turan if Barca want shut of him, seen rumours they'd even wave a fee to get his wages off, in which case a loan deal covering his wages with a agreed low fee purchase option, wouldn't be the worst.

Bring in Gaitan if athletico are really offering him around for 10-13m Never been convinced on him at Atleti. Flatters to deceive.

Get this Tosun finalised. Aye

Get in Tierney, Shaw or the lad from Bristol. Tierney is great but like I said in another post mate, just not doable this month. He's off nowhere in the next 30 days imo - which is why Celtic are quite actively looking to sell Dembele (who I do think we should go for as well as Tosun!)

Get in a semi decent cb like DeVrij. I like De Vrij but hasn't he had issues with injuries as well? I think if we go for a CB in the middle of the season it'll be an experienced Prem player (in fact, we have moved for one of those as I discussed y'day. Not sure if we're going to follow through on it though as Sam may want to target other areas first)

Could add 5 players there, 2 on loan in nzonzi and Turan, a cb near the contract end for say 10-12m maybe, Tosun for 25? And the left back for 15-30 depending which one. N'Zonzi I think is a real need for us. We have no presence in midfield at all. Turan - I'd definitely take him - but not sure he'd be able to get into the pace of the game in the Prem. He's played in LaLiga all his career and while a hard worker, has hardly played at all in a year. Would take him a while to settle imo.

Perfectly doable deals all, but we wont like lol

yeah that is the one issue, nzonzi fits the bill there instead. but i guess i wouldnt have predicted Gana to be so rubust too

Seri is definitely a tough little player mate, but it's physical presence we lack.

When we had Fellaini, we could scare sides with his height and power. We just don't have that.

N'Zonzi doesn't quite have Seri's passing range or skill, but he makes up for that with power, height and strength and bite in the tackle.

Seri is definitely a tough little player mate, but it's physical presence we lack.

When we had Fellaini, we could scare sides with his height and power. We just don't have that.

N'Zonzi doesn't quite have Seri's passing range or skill, but he makes up for that with power, height and strength and bite in the tackle.

yeah, and i think SA has a big focus on powerful strong players, needed for his tactics.

yeah, and i think SA has a big focus on powerful strong players, needed for his tactics.

I think any manager would want N'Zonzi (or a fully committed N'Zonzi, at least).

The lad was wanted by both Juve and PSG in the summer. Sevilla for once wouldn't sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back