January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arda turan seems to be one of them little rumours that never goes away.
Been mentioned as far back as 2016
Like he’s really gonna come here lol

I don't see N'Zonzi going anywhere now Montella is in.

From all accounts it was the former manager not playing him, forcing him to want a move, who's to say he still wants to leave now he's playing again?

The more I think about it the more I think bringing big Fellaini back and launching balls onto his noggin would suit the Big Sam style, not pretty but he'd be effective if that's really the road we are going down, he knows the club and could also add grunt to our midfield again too.

Seri is definitely a tough little player mate, but it's physical presence we lack.

When we had Fellaini, we could scare sides with his height and power. We just don't have that.

N'Zonzi doesn't quite have Seri's passing range or skill, but he makes up for that with power, height and strength and bite in the tackle.
Unfortunately, we need a bit of both. Can we literally send away Morgan, Besic, Klaassen, Ross and add Seri and N'Zonzi? FIFA style. All in January.

N'Zonzi's height is just very helpful on set pieces when we seem to never get a head on anything, especially not in our own end. It would be SOOOOO nice to have a legit stud CB. Keane is actually good in the air. But someone else.

The more I think about it the more I think bringing big Fellaini back and launching balls onto his noggin would suit the Big Sam style, not pretty but he'd be effective if that's really the road we are going down, he knows the club and could also add grunt to our midfield again too.

I thought the same thing. On a free but wages a problem, and he's 30 now. Always liked Felli....sort of player who can change the course of a game.
Apparently Jose wants to keep him but Felli wants £150k a week.

Unfortunately, we need a bit of both. Can we literally send away Morgan, Besic, Klaassen, Ross and add Seri and N'Zonzi? FIFA style. All in January.

N'Zonzi's height is just very helpful on set pieces when we seem to never get a head on anything, especially not in our own end. It would be SOOOOO nice to have a legit stud CB. Keane is actually good in the air. But someone else.

We win quite a lot of headers at the moment from gylfi corners and free kicks. Except Keane who you mentioned has powered them way over the bar when unmarked. Williams has got his head on quite a lot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back