January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d still quite like us to try and sign Smalling. Good player, in prime years for a CB. United have lindelof, Jones and Bailley who are all ahead of him.

Offload jags or Williams or both.

If/when we sign tosun, I still think we need another and think we should try for Michy on loan with a view to buy. Offload Sandro, if we got Michy as well then maybe offload Niasse (however I’d be gutted if we do), but think we should wait till summer to do that incase of injuries.

As for left back, I assume baines is back fairly soon? Getting a young left back, no idea from where, but someone that baines can help bring through over the rest of this season and into the next, with them taking over in the main role by a year from now.

another striker ( would go for michy myself )
a left back ( literally anyone in the world would be an improvement )
and a centre back to partner Holgate/keane ( smalling is a shout )

It,s took us several weeks to get the striker deal over the line and it looks like the player will miss the most important game on Friday. Lest see how we get on before the window closes in the next 4 weeks !

It,s took us several weeks to get the striker deal over the line and it looks like the player will miss the most important game on Friday. Lest see how we get on before the window closes in the next 4 weeks !

can I have a wild guess.

we will be linked with a dozen or so targets.

some will be in the papers as done deals etc etc etc

Barkley will leave mid to late in the window

we will loan ONE player from the continent last minute.

Think he might be a bit too pricey for us and the competition would be rough. However, the opportunity is there to actually get meaningful minutes early.
I agree, especially with Elstone saying the stadium will be more expensive than expected. I don't see why he'd want to come to Everton, aside from history, we aren't exactly an exciting prospect to play for

Yeah don’t they have to pay the league the full transfer cost again, if they don’t meet some financial criteria?
Thought it was over €6M when they initially set up the rule. So that's 40M to Villareal and 40M to China. Damn. Maybe I take back what I said in the Tosun thread.

Why can't China come after one of our players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back