January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
..Allardyce was specifically asked about Seri in his press conference this morning and palmed the question off, saying “one at a time” (in reference to Tosun).

He was also asked about Mirallas and Barkley. No offers received for either but if the right bid came in for Mirallas it would be up to the player whether he wanted to leave. Barkley is expected to leave.

Very interesting that Allardyce was not keen on any loan deals. I get the impression he needs sales to increase his spending power.
How is it that a professional football club doesn't have MULTIPLE things going on at once with transfers when we have desperately needed 3 things since September 1st?! What the hell is wrong with this club?!?

..Allardyce was specifically asked about Seri in his press conference this morning and palmed the question off, saying “one at a time” (in reference to Tosun).

He was also asked about Mirallas and Barkley. No offers received for either but if the right bid came in for Mirallas it would be up to the player whether he wanted to leave. Barkley is expected to leave.

Very interesting that Allardyce was not keen on any loan deals. I get the impression he needs sales to increase his spending power.

Sell to buy who’d of thought it lol

Sell to buy who’d of thought it lol

..like in the summer I reckon he’s been given a specific amount of money to spend in this window, plus any monies he’s able to bring in via sales. It’s just my assumption. If it is the case, it’s a much better position than we were in under the previous regime.

I think he wants to sell because the squad is too big, 31 players like he said. And I'm sure he wants to buy his type of players and built his own team.lol

This will be an ongoing issue simply due to our woeful recruitment. I hate having to be the voice of doom all the time but we hamstringing ourselves for the next 5 years with our current buys.

How is it that a professional football club doesn't have MULTIPLE things going on at once with transfers when we have desperately needed 3 things since September 1st?! What the hell is wrong with this club?!?

..I imagine lots of enquiries are being made. I imagine Allardyce was palming off the specific question about Seri. I wouldn’t take it too literally, although I assume the concentration and priority was to quickly acquire a Forward.

This will be an ongoing issue simply due to our woeful recruitment. I hate having to be the voice of doom all the time but we hamstringing ourselves for the next 5 years with our current buys.

Exactly which is why we need to release players, also how many of what we have are really good enough for what we hope for our club?

I agree Eggs. He's bound to have a limited budget and a lot of the players he could raise funds on have been hampered by injury so I'm not expecting the influx of players others on here are. Our best chance is to bring in one or two on loan which is possible given this is a WC year and a lot of players will be looking for more game time.

I suspect he'll also have to change his mind on loans out too. He's freely admitted his squad is far too big to work with so loans may be the only option. Would free up some wages for the incoming players too.

..like in the summer I reckon he’s been given a specific amount of money to spend in this window, plus any monies he’s able to bring in via sales. It’s just my assumption. If it is the case, it’s a much better position than we were in under the previous regime.

Only figure quoted i saw anywhere was saying 70m, if that's half way right and is not inclusive of player sales then no excuse to not seriously sort out the squads deficiencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back