Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get why he is labeled a rat sure you have to respect his decision but if he ends up at Chelsea when he could have been there in the summer for 30 million. instead of now for 15 million if he goes to spurs I can understand. If he goes to Chelsea he has cost Everton 15 million more they would have got in the summer plus using the club to get fit for Chelsea it's a bit of a rat move wouldn't you say.

Haha whatever fits your agenda

..Daily Mail reporting Chelsea could conclude £15m transfer of Ross Barkley in the next few hours.

Gonna happen sooner or later, rather we just got the money for him now, least we won't be stuck paying the rest of his contract should that hamstring go pop again like they are prone to do. Funny thing is we are certain to have to pay this lad a loyalty bonus if he transfers.

Even funnier if he expects to become a central figure in that Chelsea squad, a team that deemed De Bruyne not good enough to break through, thats sold Mata as he wasn't deemed hard working enough, flogged Oscar to China for the money, Where Pedro, Fabregas aren't guaranteed starters, and where Willem is effectively a impact sub.

and whom have a player who is 4 years younger than Ross and playing very well at Palace due to return come the start of next season in the same position as him.

It’s hard to support a supposed Evertonian turning down something like £100k a week wages and seemingly running his current contract down so we get less, he gets more I guess. That’s quite ratty.

But I do think we’ve missed him on the pitch.

I don't think he's been running his contract down on purpose just so the club get less money.

I genuinely reckon he wants a move to Spurs, which is why he turned down Chelsea in the summer in the hopes they come back in for him. Maybe he'll end up at Chelsea anyway, however, I still wouldn't call him a rat just for not moving in the summer.

Gonna happen sooner or later, rather we just got the money for him now, least we won't be stuck paying the rest of his contract should that hamstring go pop again like they are prone to do. Funny thing is we are certain to have to pay this lad a loyalty bonus if he transfers.

Even funnier if he expects to become a central figure in that Chelsea squad, a team that deemed De Bruyne not good enough to break through, thats sold Mata as he wasn't deemed hard working enough, flogged Oscar to China for the money, Where Pedro, Fabregas aren't guaranteed starters, and where Willem is effectively a impact sub.

and whom have a player who is 4 years younger than Ross and playing very well at Palace due to return come the start of next season in the same position as him.

If Danny Drinkwater is getting game time mate, Ross is going to get game time too.

He is going to be a monster too

...agree about the hamstring. I expect the fact he’s homegrown has lots to do with the move but Conte must think he can slot into the way they play.

Haha whatever fits your agenda
It's not an agenda if he end up at Chelsea for 15 million this month it's as good as a fact that he waited till January to garantee himself a bigger Signing on fee with Chelsea while Everton miss out on millions. I don't need an agenda am an Everton fan an i was a big fan off Ross but I want what's best for my club.

Will miss the player he had the potential to have become, won't miss the player who seemed to struggle under any sort of pressure and who has basically messed club and fans around over leaving

I’ll be honest Stevo, it’s probably not even him I’ll miss. It’s his style of midfielder. Who can pick it up and make an attack.

Despite sighing 37 players who should be able to do that, one has no legs (Rooney), one can only take 1 in 43 good set pieces (Gylfo) and the other looks like he’s the kid you pick last at school for every single sport (Davy).

Essentially I want us to get Gazza back here.

It’s hard to support a supposed Evertonian turning down something like £100k a week wages and seemingly running his current contract down so we get less, he gets more I guess. That’s quite ratty.

But I do think we’ve missed him on the pitch.

Seen some comparassions to Rooney leaving and even some about Stones and Lukaku moving.

The former went to the best team in the country by a mile with the best manager in football at the time as a central figure they would have the team around for ten years and more and for a then record fee for a teenager having taken an international tournament by storm.

Stones went for a domestic record for a defender to the best team in the country with the best manager in football with a reputation for bringing through young players and turning them into special players and went as the player they would build their defence around

Lukaku went for a domestic transfer record for a player, to one of the biggest teams in the world and to one of the best managers of the past 15 years and has gone as the main focal point of their attack

Barkley is going to a club who will probably have a different manager in 6 months time, and another one within 1-2 years after that, which has a reputation for buying and not playing English players and where much more proven players are lucky to get starts than him.

Will we miss him - yup, will Chelsea even play him very much - probably not.

Removing any bitter feelings about this, can see him being there for 2-3 seasons - playing only games in order to rest the established players before big games before being shipped off to a Newcastle, Stoke calibre team, which ultimately is the saddest part of the entire thing. gonna be another utter waste of a good and still young player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back