Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't agree. He's a good player, certainly not a great player. And if someone offered 30m or more then I'd certainly not lose any sleep. He hasn't a creative bone in his body. His style has its pros and cons too. Yes he at times wins it high which is great, but equally it's his achilles heal and he lacks discipline on a regular basis. His passing matrices are not good either, he's not an effective pivot.
It’s the problem we have, him
McCarthy and Davies all box to box midfielders, yet don’t score, assists or be involved enough in our attacking play. Davies is young and will still improve.

But it’s a part of our team that needs upgrading ASAP

Gana is a bad passer of the ball. Loosing him would only be an issue if McCarthy cant get healthy for longer periods, as i think James is a more compleate footballer. He presses hard, is bigger and stronger and a better passer.

I like Gana, but we should really sell him for 30m. If we can get something like that for Morgan too, Id be happy.
McCarthy is just as bad and also should be shown the door. Never rated him. Last night on 2 or 3 occasion’s he just kicked the ball out of play with no one near him.

Now is the perfect time to sell as many fringe players as possible. The season is now over, baring a miracle (we somehow finish 7th AND the winner of League Cup finishes top 5 AND both finalists in FA Cup finish top 6) it's only prize money we're playing for, which pales into insignificance compared to the millions our fringe players are earning.

Williams, Mirallas, Lennon, Martina, Niasse, Besic, Stekelenberg, Sandro, Klaassen for a start.

Assess Jagielka, Keane, Baines, McCarthy, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Rooney, DCL, Pennington in the summer as to whether they are kept or sold/released.

The players I have not mentioned, keep. This includes the likes of Holgate, Mori, Baines, Davies, Kenny, Coleman, Gueye, Beningime, Pickford, Robles as backup GK, Sigurdsson. Plus of course Tosun.

Add a new CB and LB this window, or at least a good LB and leave the CB until the summer.

Then use the summer to fill the gaps, something we didn't do last summer.
- Two wingers
- Another striker
- A creative midfielder

By adding a further 2 players this month, and 4 in the summer, that'd leave us with a squad size of around 22-23, gaps actually filled instead of positions stockpiled, and a squad which is easily large enough for a simple domestic season in 2018/19.

....Everton one of a number of clubs apparently interested in Porto’s Mexican LB Miguel Layun. Looking at the clips, he seems very right footed for a LB.

We won't be interested mate, i think we are just one of the teams that the portugeuse media has on speed dial regarding linking to porto players they want shut off, Berahmi, the striker and this lad all in the last 6-12 months with not a whiff of any actual interest from a credible source

Got in a taxi yesterday and the driver told me he had craig Shakespeare in the back about a week ago taking him up to finch farm.

He told him that we're going all out for marhez. Wouldn't of thought anything of it but I remembered someone saying something similar on here a while back.

Has there been any chatter about this?
If you were in an Everton management position of course you'd tell your taxi driver your clubs transfer plans.
I presume Mr Shakespeare would be sacked if he shared that kind of info

People keep using this line and its just not true.

If other players bothered to move around a show for a pass his quality would be perfectly fine. As it stands he is being forced to push forward looking for options and then has to try something a bit more creative as nobody else seems to want to bother doing it.
1 million percent this!

Got in a taxi yesterday and the driver told me he had craig Shakespeare in the back about a week ago taking him up to finch farm.

He told him that we're going all out for marhez. Wouldn't of thought anything of it but I remembered someone saying something similar on here a while back.

jinkyalia mentioned it, but then again everything he calls doesn't happen.

Apparently we need a new keeper now as well

tbf we do, as robles will be out of contract in the summer. Ideally we'd bring in a good backup now and actually get some money for robles in this window, but the fact we'd barely get a penny to me suggests that we won't even bother as we have more pressing matters. I'd like to think we've done at least some sort of scouting in the hope we could possibly do that at the end of the window.

lollollollol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back