Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a really crappy feeling Tosun will be our only signing this window
I agree somewhat with what another poster said during the week

Basically if we went out the cup then there was no point in signing any other players this month. Chances are a new manager will be here in the summer so better to wait for them to come in rather than sign players now who are redundant in a few months.

i think this window will address a couple of key things.

players who don't want to be here will be allowed to leave.
holes in the squad will be plugged.
the squad will be reduced.

then in the summer the poorer players will be pushed out and the squad will be rebuilt.

barkley and mirallas are gone. expect sandro klassen and robles next.
we will get a lb and a cm.

No point rushing it either, get a LB and use this window to punt the tosh.
Easier said than done.

Someone may take Sandro and pay his wages because he's cheap.
I can't see who would want Klassen or Keane given their wages.
Mirallas is all but gone.
We may get something for Besic.

Apart from that I can't see who we would be willing to sell or would want to. Most are either too old or too young. There's not a great deal of value left in the squad to flog or players that can be moved of the wage bill.

i think this window will address a couple of key things.

players who don't want to be here will be allowed to leave.
holes in the squad will be plugged.
the squad will be reduced.

then in the summer the poorer players will be pushed out and the squad will be rebuilt.

barkley and mirallas are gone. expect sandro klassen and robles next.
we will get a lb and a cm.
Robles wants to go back to Spain and no Spanish club will pay the wages we do so he's here until the summer.

Easier said than done.

Someone may take Sandro and pay his wages because he's cheap.
I can't see who would want Klassen or Keane given their wages.
Mirallas is all but gone.
We may get something for Besic.

Apart from that I can't see who we would be willing to sell or would want to. Most are either too old or too young. There's not a great deal of value left in the squad to flog or players that can be moved of the wage bill.

We wont be selling Keane for a start
Sandro will be difficult due to his mega wages
Besic will be a cheap easy sell
Barkley and Mirallas already "gone"
We can probably punt Klaassen somewhere but we are gonna have to take a hefty loss

If we can get rid of the above thats around 250k a week in wages gone and around 50m in fees back.

Wouldnt be a bad start, the bulk of the work will needed to be done in the Summer.

I suggest before you accuse someone of BS you get your facts right.

A Santander charge has been registered.
I tend to trust COMPANIES HOUSE
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00036624/charges

Look forward to the response.

Yeah, I seen it and fair play i wasn't aware of that so my apologies but my point still stand of you chatting bs. The loan by all intensive purposes is just a standard business practice and as someone else raised will be more likely to adhere to ffp rulings.

What you are insinuating is we need this loan money to pay for tosun along with the barkley money. Otherwise what id like to call chatting bs.

Tell you what though if we come out of this window with negative net spend I will post a apology on here

Yeah, I seen it and fair play i wasn't aware of that so my apologies but my point still stand of you chatting bs. The loan by all intensive purposes is just a standard business practice and as someone else raised will be more likely to adhere to ffp rulings.

What you are insinuating is we need this loan money to pay for tosun along with the barkley money. Otherwise what id like to call chatting bs.

Tell you what though if we come out of this window with negative net spend I will post a apology on here

Coming out with a negative net spend honestly wouldnt be the worst thing, we have bought a load of players in the Summer that dont appear to be fit for purpose, we have a squad built or attempted to be built for Europa League football, we need to punt some players, this window would be perfect for such things, not much value around, its a sellers market and we have players for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back