Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Billy's fault moyes had no idea how to use him. Stick him in a barca side or Madrid and he runs riot

now this IS subjective ^^

stick me in a barca or real team and I'm quite sure my incredible bulk would run riot too lol lol

OH right so, by your logic, because he never won any trophies in an average team, he was crap?? He was not as good as Billy?

Does that also apply to Socrates, shackleton, Defoe, Les Ferdinand, Tim Cahill, Le Tissier - all never won a major trophy in their careers.

okaaaaayy theeen

OH right so, by your logic, because he never won any trophies in an average team, he was crap??

Not crap, no, because 'crap' is subjective.

He was not as good as Billy?

No, but contributed as much in a tangible sense (no trophies). Net benefit: -£many millions on wages and transfer fees.

Does that also apply to Socrates, shackleton, Defoe, Les Ferdinand, Tim Cahill, Le Tissier - all never won a major trophy in their careers.

Would need to know whether they were sold on for profit etc. But obvious ones there, Cahill / Le Tissier: yes, same tangible benefits to their clubs. Entertaining, yes. Nice memories, definitely. Financial loss, yes. Trophies, none.

I'm saying the article is BS.

if we had money we would be able to buy in first and then loan out whoever we wanted on the final day.

that is not how we are operating tho is it.

But the loans will not generate hardly any cash so it is hardly
You've bitten hard here...

It is impossible to argue the point of fact that a player has benefitted a team...even if we were winning titles he would simply ask for a direct correlation of performances and wages and how they affect the trophy wins...

Then how to compare his value? its a perceived value...

Everything is about expectations and perceived values...

Marinate on that...

HAHA mate, what drivel, you are looking to deep into a really basic question, Baines did or did not do as much for Everton as Bilyaletdinov, if you really need to "marinade" on that then you are as daft as the other dude trying to talk the same waffle. Baines did more against West Ham than Billy did in a season.

I'm off for a brew while you digest your stupidy.

HAHA mate, what drivel, you are looking to deep into a really basic question, Baines did or did not do as much for Everton as Bilyaletdinov, if you really need to "marinade" on that then you are as daft as the other dude trying to talk the same waffle. Baines did more against West Ham than Billy did in a season.

having a mare here mate aren't you

Two goals vs six goals, one assist in half a season.

Facts.

I'm off for a brew while you digest your stupidy

*stupidity

It's not Billy's fault moyes had no idea how to use him. Stick him in a barca side or Madrid and he runs riot

Thats why he has played 70 odd games and scored 17 goals in the 4.5 years since he left us!?!? Must still be Davey's fault I guess??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back