Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if I was being subjective and basing it all on opinion, I'd say 'not even in the top 5'.

In terms of ability, he wasn't even better than Lescott, who kept him out of the team for so long that he almost joined Sunderland on loan

All just opinions, apart from the stone-cold fact that Baines has taken more out of the club than he has contributed. Which is a fact.
He wouldn’t even leave for a sizeable transfer fee. RAT!

He wouldn’t even leave for a sizeable transfer fee. RAT!

Unlike Ross Barkley, who could have waited until his contract ran out but instead raised £15m for the club, likely more than covering his wages over that period.

Better assists / goals per game ratio despite not being on freekicks and penalties as often, too.

Make of that what you will.

Unlike Ross Barkley, who could have waited until his contract ran out but instead raised £15m for the club, likely more than covering his wages over that period.

Better assists / goals per game ratio despite not being on freekicks and penalties as often, too.

subjective that mate.

35m in august - 15m in jan - or nowt in july.

RAT!

Subjective.

48 in 248 games, it's good, but not exceptional I wouldn't say, seeing as he was on freekicks for many years and also was used as the main outlet in the Moyes era. It's only about 7 a season I think. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/8222/History/Leighton-Baines

Context - took the penalties.

No swearing please.

Bily has a much the same ratio of assists per game and goals per game, despite not being on freekicks and penalties. Just an observation.

Baines is the first defender in europes top leagues to reach 50 assists.

Mate, give up, you are on an absolute mad one here.

Baines and Billy have given the same to Everton!!

zat its pyar click bait.

we will not be spending 25m on a 22 year old euro sriker when we are trying to offload a 5m euro 'star' who has bombed in the premier league.

we may aswell persist with our 5m gamble rather than make another 25m gamble.

plus theres the small fact of where this 25m would come from?? has moshiri just put another hotel on mayfair and big blue bill has landed on it, giving him a load more monopoly money that he likes to go on about or something??

Id be surprised if we went for him too...

But disagree about the sandro deal....that's going to make us 5-10mil no problem.

I think you cant really compare the 2 of them...one was portos super striker and is first choice for Portugal
The other looked very good for Malaga and won a couple of u21 caps

I thought sandro would be great at left inside forward..but wrongly played.

Silva I think would be perfect at arsenal...ball to feet and sublime crossing.

Again, those are all a collection of opinions (votes). Players' player of the season is essentially a popularity contest, it's the same as 'most improved' / 'thanks for coming'.

Is a goal of the season worth more than a tap in to a club? No, sadly not.

You're only really reinforcing the view that Baines has offered nothing but subjective benefits.

AAAArgh, you just say anything to "win" an argument. How can you honestly deny that being the player of the year and in the league team of the year are no big thing???? Just accept that he was an excellent defender and much better than ANYTHING billy offered.

AAAArgh, you just say anything to "win" an argument. How can you honestly deny that being the player of the year and in the league team of the year are no big thing???? Just accept that he was an excellent defender and much better than ANYTHING billy offered.

@orly cant 'lose' this argument.

Whatever anyone says hes caught a few fish today :p

Id be surprised if we went for him too...

But disagree about the sandro deal....that's going to make us 5-10mil no problem.

I think you cant really compare the 2 of them...one was portos super striker and is first choice for Portugal
The other looked very good for Malaga and won a couple of u21 caps

I thought sandro would be great at left inside forward..but wrongly played.

Silva I think would be perfect at arsenal...ball to feet and sublime crossing.
file under 'B' for Bin then.

Richard Dunne was in the 2009 /10 PFA Team of the Year.

Oh, and James Milner.

Yes I have, your post is total rubbish. Baines had the chance at his peak to go to Man United, didn't complain or sulk when we denied him the opportunity. Barkley has wanted out for the best part of two years and with not signing another contract has cost us at least £20million. Not one word of thanks to our wonderful fans who worshipped him, ungrateful rat. Baines the ultimate professional, at his peak the best left back in the country. Take it you are on a wind up mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back