Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't sell Niasse he's an option. On the other hand his worth is now at its highest and despite his finishing his all round game is still limited. We haven't much left to play for bar survival and I would rather give the minutes to Lookman or a replacement to build for next year.

It's all FFP these days it used to be called sell to buy but it makes sense the squad is bloated especially now we are out of every cup. Get rid of the dead weight make two or three wise investments, then rebuild more in the summer.

..yep. As somebody else says, though, this could be more down to logistics as it is finance. Allardyce has said the squad is too big and needs to be trimmed before others come in. Getting rid of players on the fringes is a necessity. The challenge is bringing in replacements that improve the team and make the squad more balanced.

£13m seems decent business compared to what we were prepared to sell him for in the summer. It will be interesting what the net spend is at the end of the window.

Seems like the squad is always "too big"

Is that code for "we have crap players we have to move on" or "we bombed out of Europe and the cups so early we don't know what to do with all of these crap players we can't move on" ?

..I respect your Dad, but I have to disagree. Much as I love Baines, he’s not in the same bracket as Wilson. Let’s not forget, Wilson was recognised as the best LB in world football in the mid60s ahead of Karl Schnellinger. I always say Wilson is one of only 3 world class players i’ve seen playing for Everton. Baines is a little maestro of a footballer, Wilson was something else.

Pat Van den Hauwe shouldn’t be omitted from the discussion but we do digress on this transfer thread.
Who were the other two?

Big Nev without question, and?

Lineaker?

Ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back