Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva at anything £30 million or under would be a risk worth taking imo but he doesnt look the BSA type of centre forward.

Would be happy with a £20 million punt at Dembele. Why we havent gone in for Tierney yet I dont know.
I just dont see any way Tierney leaves this window.

He loves Celtic, and hes only 20 there. I know players such as Rooney have left their alleged dream clubs after only 2-3 seasons, but I do feel like its a little different with Celtic being the dominant team in the league there. Maybe after a little time has passed he then decides its time to try and move on to a bigger future, but hes in a great situation as is and has tons of time to eventually go elsewhere, no need to rush it.

He loves Celtic, and hes only 20 there. I know players such as Rooney have left their alleged dream clubs after only 2-3 seasons, but I do feel like its a little different with Celtic being the dominant team in the league there. Maybe after a little time has passed he then decides its time to try and move on to a bigger future, but hes in a great situation as is and has tons of time to eventually go elsewhere, no need to rush it.

Money talks mate he'll be on about 15-20k at most a week there. If we dangle £60k a week and offer Celtic £15-20 million he'll be off imo. He'll not get a bigger move unless he became near world class and a top 6 took a punt but when do them calibre of clubs take chances on risk players? They wait for clubs like us, Southampton etc. To do that and if they continue to improve then they sign them off us.

Money talks mate he'll be on about 15-20k at most a week there. If we dangle £60k a week and offer Celtic £15-20 million he'll be off imo. He'll not get a bigger move unless he became near world class and a top 6 took a punt but when do them calibre of clubs take chances on risk players? They wait for clubs like us, Southampton etc. To do that and if they continue to improve then they sign them off us.

Celtic don't need to sell him right now though.

By all accounts he's a very level headed lad, with decent parents and they've publicly stated that Celtic is the right place at the moment for him to develop, hence the signing of a long contract. Plus he's a Glasgow lad and the fans adore him.

Which in effect means he can choose when he leaves and Celtic will get a big wedge on his transfer, as he'll still have years left on his contract when he's sold.

Arsenal for one, have been linked with him for a couple of years now.

He isn't coming to us and will go for much more than 20mil.

There's an absolute dearth of top quality left backs around too.

I'm gonna take a wild guess he would still be 20 here

he is not leaving in the middle of the season

he's on a 6-year-deal and is their shining star

money talks, in the summer. There's no rush for them to sell, and no rush for him to leave.

It's definitely doable, just not right now. Please let it go.

Celtic don't need to sell him right now though.

By all accounts he's a very level headed lad, with decent parents and they've publicly stated that Celtic is the right place at the moment for him to develop, hence the signing of a long contract. Plus he's a Glasgow lad and the fans adore him.

Which in effect means he can choose when he leaves and Celtic will get a big wedge on his transfer, as he'll still have years left on his contract when he's sold.

Arsenal for one, have been linked with him for a couple of years now.

He isn't coming to us and will go for much more than 20mil.

There's an absolute dearth of top quality left backs around too.

Definitely doable, but not in the middle of the season.

In fact we'd be the perfect move for him.

But it just won't happen this month.

As long as they're replaced with better players?

We actually have way too many players though. Players like Kev, Besic, etc don't need replacing as they never played. Same probably goes for Klaassen as much as it hurts me to see him failing/not given much of a chance, as there's a real player there.

None of the players we may sell/have sold have had a positive impact this season - for one reason or another - apart from Niasse. Barkley we've missed, but that was due to injury clearly.

Sam knows he needs to trim the squad. It was a squad built to go in four comps and we failed in three of them and the league is merely about trying to keep in touching distance of seventh in case we can lodge a late push for Europe (in which case we'd be in the same situation all over again, mind).

Selling players who don't want to be here or who aren't good enough. Makes perfect sense to me anyway.
I agree if they don't play and hard ever have played for the club, what's the point in them being here. No fan can miss Klassen or Sandro they must be on massive wages so we are best getting rid. In a way I'd be sad to see Niasse go because I think he has proved himself not to be a to bad player, but if someone comes calling with a decent fee, it's likely he will get more football away from here so it will be good for him.

he is not leaving in the middle of the season

he's on a 6-year-deal and is their shining star

money talks, in the summer. There's no rush for them to sell, and no rush for him to leave.

It's definitely doable, just not right now. Please let it go.

If we're planning solely for this season, then no point doing it for big money. If we're planning for the next few seasons, we would need to go for him now, because other clubs will also be after him in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back