Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure when Niasse proved himself to be anything other than a trier. He has been kept out of the team by a U23 player with no goals and we have no alternative strikers.... he is unpredictable and gets a few goals that way but there is still no way he’s Everton standard
Hi yes i get what you mean, but it's a credit to the man that this season he has got himself back into the reckoning. Look at the likes of Barkley (if fit I'm not sure he would have played for us again) Mirallas,Klassen and Sandro it can be said the last two have struggled to adapt,but even if they had become triers, like you said about Niasse I think they would have played more, Sandro just looks uninterested and lazy. So when Niasse leaves at least he can hold his head high, he's done enough for me not to leave as the worst signing we have ever made and that credit to the man, from where he has been at the club to where he is now he's done ok.

...we’re at Day 9 of the January transfer window and here’s the collated rumours for this Tuesday morning:

- The Daily Mail and many other outlets report Brighton, Crystal Palace and West Brom interest in Everton striker Oumar Niasse. The Toffees want £13m for the striker.

- The Mail also continues to link Everton with Swansea’s 23 year old Centre Back, Alfie Mawson.

- Calciomercato.com say Everton could renew interest in Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro who is struggling for game time and will be pushed further down the pecking order if a deal is agreed for Emre Can.

- 4th Official appear to be regurgitating recent stories linking Everton to Watford midfielder, Abdoulaye Doucoure, West Ham striker, Diafro Sakho, and Celtic Forward, Moussa Dembele.

- According to FootballItalia website, Everton are interested in Milan striker, Andre Silva, who could leave if an offer of €40m comes in.

Before anybody asks, I couldn’t see any links to a Left Back so far this morning.

...we’re at Day 9 of the January transfer window and here’s the collated rumours for this Tuesday morning:

- The Daily Mail and many other outlets report Brighton, Crystal Palace and West Brom interest in Everton striker Oumar Niasse. The Toffees want £13m for the striker.

- The Mail also continues to link Everton with Swansea’s 23 year old Centre Back, Alfie Mawson.

- Calciomercato.com say Everton could renew interest in Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro who is struggling for game time and will be pushed further down the pecking order if a deal is agreed for Emre Can.

- 4th Official appear to be regurgitating recent stories linking Everton to Watford midfielder, Abdoulaye Doucoure, West Ham striker, Diafro Sakho, and Celtic Forward, Moussa Dembele.

- According to FootballItalia website, Everton are interested in Milan striker, Andre Silva, who could leave if an offer of €40m comes in.

Before anybody asks, I couldn’t see any links to a Left Back so far this morning.
Sterling work Eggs on all those Silva links

I'd like to think we're setting our sights a little higher than Diafra Sakho. Only six months left on his West Ham contract though, so he'd be a cheap punt as striker cover. And he's probably better than Oumar.

But the loans will not generate hardly any cash so it is hardly

HAHA mate, what drivel, you are looking to deep into a really basic question, Baines did or did not do as much for Everton as Bilyaletdinov, if you really need to "marinade" on that then you are as daft as the other dude trying to talk the same waffle. Baines did more against West Ham than Billy did in a season.

I'm off for a brew while you digest your stupidy.

Come on mate...

Hi yes i get what you mean, but it's a credit to the man that this season he has got himself back into the reckoning. Look at the likes of Barkley (if fit I'm not sure he would have played for us again) Mirallas,Klassen and Sandro it can be said the last two have struggled to adapt,but even if they had become triers, like you said about Niasse I think they would have played more, Sandro just looks uninterested and lazy. So when Niasse leaves at least he can hold his head high, he's done enough for me not to leave as the worst signing we have ever made and that credit to the man, from where he has been at the club to where he is now he's done ok.
Wha ?? Really ??
The man is literally so desperate to impress he resembles a headless chicken...or a young James Vaughan....but also not at all what was expected, Really hoping he settles down, Relaxes and shows us some of his skills, This lad was very highly rated by bigger clubs than ours currently. Agree on Niasse though, Probably not the worst signing ever made by us now..that must either be Vdm or Koldropp ? Eeeh gads

Wha ?? Really ??
The man is literally so desperate to impress he resembles a headless chicken...or a young James Vaughan....but also not at all what was expected, Really hoping he settles down, Relaxes and shows us some of his skills, This lad was very highly rated by bigger clubs than ours currently. Agree on Niasse though, Probably not the worst signing ever made by us now..that must either be Vdm or Koldropp ? Eeeh gads

Beattie must be up there also...

Totally agree.

This is what I would like to see the squad look like at the end of the window, as you say a few players will be moved on that maybe shouldnt be, but we really need to "trim the fat" for want of a better phrase.

Personally I would be looking at shifting :

Robles - Out of contract at the end of the season, might as well TRY and get a fee, risk if Pickford gets injured, but OH WELL.
Martina - Not happening but I can dream
Mori - Would probably keep him for now, but if we can get a better CB in, I would of course be happy to see him binned rar off
Besic - Sniff
Klaassen - If hes not gonna get games, bin off, I personally would like to see him given a freaking proper run out, but hey ho
McCarthy and Morgan - Both are worth keeping, but if we could get a better quality player in the middle of the park, well BYE!!
Beni - Loan
Lennon - Another 1 out of contract and despite his ability to do a great job for the team, we could probably do a bit better
Lookman - I would be looking at getting the boy a loan somewhere personally
DCL - Loan
Sandro - See Klaassen
Niasse - MEH

GK
Jordan Pickford*
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Leighton Baines*
NEW LB

CB
Michael Keane*
Ashley Williams*
Phil Jagielka*
Mason Holgate
NEW CB

DM/CM/ACM
Wayne Rooney*
Idrissa Gueye
Tom Davies

Gylfi Þór Sigurðsson*
NEW CM

Wingers
Yannick Bolasie
Nikola Vlašić
NEW WINGER

Strikers
Cenk Tosun

NEW ST

Thats what my squad would like at the end of the window anyway.

Anyone wanting to keep schneiderlin or McCarthy needs to have a word with themselves.

Mawson and Silva for reasonable fees would be epic.

Who is this doucoure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back