Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wtf is Steve Walshs job description other than holidays around the world lol jokes aside he's signing some decent youth but I'm pretty sure Leicester got a different Steve Walsh

Guess we will see shortly, Italian media linking us with Silva at AC Milan - wasn't that where Walsh spent a couple of days meeting their president etc last summer.

My guess is nothing will come of it and they where actually bemused by a PE Teacher representing a premier league club

Guess we will see shortly, Italian media linking us with Silva at AC Milan - wasn't that where Walsh spent a couple of days meeting their president etc last summer.

My guess is nothing will come of it and they where actually bemused by a PE Teacher representing a premier league club
Ballsy move if he was over there negotiating a move for Silva 2 days after Milan had signed him

Wouldn't shock me if most of the signings were over-ruled by Koeman and we've barely seen any players Walsh specifically wanted (Tosun?).

...very possibly, Matey. None of us truly know how the process works but surely the DoF has some responsibility and is at least empowered to say if the strategy is wrong. I wouldn’t know his level of culpability but he has to be culpable to some extent.

Nah yanno what i mean mate, the visit was said to be him building contacts with the major Italian sides, well this window should see if any of those paid off at all, or in fact the visit was us just trying to offload Deulofeu more than anything other.
Yeah I do mate

Not a clue why he was over there maybe Kalicinic or one last push for Koulibaly

I really hope the Doucoure rumors are true. Exactly what we need in transition. Really impressed by him. Fast, physical, but his vision and passing are extraordinary. Would transform our midfield IMO.

Still need a LB, though. Just kills us having to cover for Martina all game. Phillip Max for me, but anyone decent will do.

I really hope the Doucoure rumors are true. Exactly what we need in transition. Really impressed by him. Fast, physical, but his vision and passing are extraordinary. Would transform our midfield IMO.

Still need a LB, though. Just kills us having to cover for Martina all game. Phillip Max for me, but anyone decent will do.

Think we are waiting on United to act first mate, soon as United sign a new left back - we will move in for Shaw.

He can recommend as many players as he thinks would improve us ,but if Koeman kept saying no or Moshiri choked at the fees,difficult to see what more he can do.

If we're planning solely for this season, then no point doing it for big money. If we're planning for the next few seasons, we would need to go for him now, because other clubs will also be after him in the summer?

I don't actually think loads will be - or of the ones that will be, we'll be the best.

United may need a left-back, but there's doubts over Mourinho's future as it is and they'd most likely want a really big name for that position if so... It looks like Rose.

Spurs... Suppose they're a possibility should Rose leave, but Tierney would have to settle for second-fiddle and at this stage the lad knows he needs regular games.

L'Pool. Again, they have Robertson and Moreno. One of them would have to go and then it'd be between Tierney and whoever else (probably Robertson).

Arsenal. They have Kolasinac plus Monreal. Suppose it depends if they see it as a dire need in the summer.

City and Chelsea won't go for him.

So that really leaves us and the rest of the league. Leicester have Chilwell, even if Fuchs does leave. If we can cement ourselves as among the best of the rest again this term, I see no reason why we couldn't attract him in the summer. I just don't think he'll be leaving this window, and the fact Celtic are open to selling Dembele kind of proves that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back