Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so very far from chuffed with everything Everton at the moment that i'm seeing everything in the worst case scenario. Then if something else happens it's a nice shock. My mate messaged me the Angry Birds picture of them welcoming Tosun to the family yesterday. I really really hate Everton at the moment .

I'm finding some of Allardyce's words hard to believe currently (nowhere near Martinez/Koeman levels I should add), so take him with a pinch of salt.

Fairs Ij.

Tbf, I question Allardyce over a few things but he does tend to be pretty up front about things in terms of transfers - he has been at every club.

I reckon he's decided fully now who needs to go and who he wants in - or the type of players anyway. It's just a case of getting it done.

I think he was loath to lose Ross but as he said himself, the club were resigned to it when he got here.

It explains why we never heard anything about the 'chat and cup of tea' Unsy had with Ross. Evidently, Unsy thought Ross could be swayed and - like some of our fans - believed it was maybe his relationship with Koeman that had turned things sour.

Turns out that Koeman was actually right all along and Ross simply wanted out.

Dendoncker to West Ham...

West Ham aren't willing to meet Anderlecht's asking price at the moment. That may change but Anderlecht want to keep him until June.

I don't get the fuss anyway. Looks a half-decent player from the little I saw of him last season, but I can't really comment for sure if he is or not.

Plus, we have too many holding midfielders as it is until we get rid of a few.

Watford midfielder.

Big, quick, powerful. Their top-scorer this season I believe.

Came in last season as a glut of Mazzarazzi's signings but didn't really get much time until the last few months of the season. He may have been injured in fairness.

He's played pretty much constantly for Silva though and has been really impressive.

Very much a box-to-box midfielder.

Wouldn't really see him as an Nzonzi alternative however. I've said before that Nzonzi is much more of a sitter - a kind of deep-lying playmaker in a sense - than box-to-box.
I've just seen this rumor and not sure it makes sense. Is there some reason they'd need to sell him? Last year on contract, or similar? Otherwise I'm not sure why they would do it. I'm chalking this up with Chillwell and Mawson as names that are put out there just to get clicks. I just can't see them moving him in January.

Not entirely, because then you end up with a big and bloated squad and a huge wage bill.

We're now down to one game a week for the rest of the season, with 2-3 breaks for the FA Cup rounds as well.

We can't have a 30-man squad.

We need to dwindle it down to a core of 25 including youth players.

Like @MoutsGoat said, this is how the squad looks as it stands:

*indicates a player currently injured
A player who will leave this window imo

Pickford
Robles (if we get a decent offer this window, sell, as he isn't going to sign a new deal imo)
Stek

Kenny
Coleman*
Martina
Williams
Holgate
Keane
Jagielka
Funes Mori* (think he'll be given the chance to impress once fit in the back half of the season)
Baines*

Besic
Schneiderlin
Gueye
McCarthy
Davies
Baningime (loan)
Klaassen :(

Lennon
Bolasie
Lookman (loan)
Vlasic
Sigurdsson
Rooney

Sandro
DCL
Niasse
Tosun

Evidently, that's way too big but also imbalanced.

We need to be looking at shifting 2-3 central midfielders. I'd like Klaassen to be given a go, but McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Gueye and Davies are all ahead of him.

If three go, we may see a move for a player like Nzonzi.

We're relatively well-stocked in the wings with Bolasie back. Lookman needs games and needs a loan imo. Like Dowell, to a decent Champ club. Get him back playing regularly, beefing up a bit and hopefully scoring goals/getting assists. Same could also be said for Vlasic, though. So I'd look at one of them going on loan and the other being a regular on the bench. I want both to stay and I feel both will, but atm at least one of them needs regular minutes while the other needs a loan.

Lennon will stay, imo. He may even get a one-year extension, even if it is just to sell in the summer.

Niasse and Sandro will probably both be shown the door, which would mean one more striker coming in. I don't see us having any more or less, tbf, than three strikers come the end of the window.

Other than that, it's clear we need a left-back.

We can dream all we want but I doubt Martina will be going anywhere this window. He'll be off in the summer.

So...

Definite: left-back (or a left-sided defender who can cover a few positions)

Depending on outs: Central midfielder, striker

We won't loan out Lookman, we will let one of either Jagielka or Williams (most likely) go if we manage to bring in another cb. We will let Lennon go if anyone bids a decent amount -anything over 2-3m, can't argue with the rest of it, besides we won't sell Klassen (too much of a financial hit - but we will loan him)

We will get in a left back (shaw), one attacking mid winger (Turan or Gaitan) a striker (NOT Silva) and a cb or cm.

I've just seen this rumor and not sure it makes sense. Is there some reason they'd need to sell him? Last year on contract, or similar? Otherwise I'm not sure why they would do it. I'm chalking this up with Chillwell and Mawson as names that are put out there just to get clicks. I just can't see them moving him in January.

Yeh I can't see them selling either but if we went in with a £25-30m bid (probably twice his value) then they might be tempted.

West Ham aren't willing to meet Anderlecht's asking price at the moment. That may change but Anderlecht want to keep him until June.

I don't get the fuss anyway. Looks a half-decent player from the little I saw of him last season, but I can't really comment for sure if he is or not.

Plus, we have too many holding midfielders as it is until we get rid of a few.

Wouldn't shock me to see Schneiderlin become a very late target from West Ham - and if we have another cm coming in this window we will sell him there

I feel bad because i am not a fan of Dacoure at all whenever i have watched him he has been a bit part player his pace isnt great and he seems clumsy to me

Hope the Silva from AC rumours are true, doubt it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back