Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC Milan trying to offload one of their flops onto us for the same amount of money? Haha.

Everton and AC Milan both spent if bomb to get even worse.

AC Milan, that.

We won't loan out Lookman, we will let one of either Jagielka or Williams (most likely) go if we manage to bring in another cb. We will let Lennon go if anyone bids a decent amount -anything over 2-3m, can't argue with the rest of it, besides we won't sell Klassen (too much of a financial hit - but we will loan him)

We will get in a left back (shaw), one attacking mid winger (Turan or Gaitan) a striker (NOT Silva) and a cb or cm.

I don't see Sam allowing Williams - who has been a mainstay of his defence - or the club captain to leave in the middle of the season, mate. It's not his style. I think a central defender has taken a back seat in his list of priorities.

Sam has already explicitly mentioned that some young players will go out on loan. This is from the weekend, with the quotes released yesterday...

“There would have to be some exits, I don’t think there is any doubt about that because we’ve got about 30 players.

“Some of them are a lot of young talent that has developed and needs developing and maybe we might choose to let that development happen somewhere else on loan until the end of the season.

“But certainly, at the moment, we need to move a few players to bring maybe one or two in. I don’t think we need to think about anymore than that – maybe three – that would really good business.

“Whether we’ve got the capabilities to do that, time will tell as the window moves on but this one certainly was the most important and hopefully he will be a success immediately.”

Wouldn't shock me to see Schneiderlin become a very late target from West Ham - and if we have another cm coming in this window we will sell him there

If we get a silly big offer he'll go, as long as we have a midfielder in.

But I think a lot of people are being clouded purely because of his poor form this season, mate. Managers and club officials won't be thinking along the same lines.

We paid £24m this time a year ago for him. We won't be selling for a loss so it's pie-in-the-sky stuff to definitely say he won't be here (not that you are!) come Feb.

Same with McCarthy. He's come in and played well in the last two games after so long out injured. He definitely brings something to the squad.

We won't be after Dacoure mate

Not sure.

I would be happy if we are, won't be devastated if not.

He'd definitely improve us though and as I've said - if we ship three midfielders out - we will look to bring one in.

He could easily be on the list of targets, if indeed we have a list this time (which from previous experience, is up for debate!)

I don't see Sam allowing Williams - who has been a mainstay of his defence - or the club captain to leave in the middle of the season, mate. It's not his style. I think a central defender has taken a back seat in his list of priorities.

Sam has already explicitly mentioned that some young players will go out on loan. This is from the weekend, with the quotes released yesterday...

“There would have to be some exits, I don’t think there is any doubt about that because we’ve got about 30 players.

“Some of them are a lot of young talent that has developed and needs developing and maybe we might choose to let that development happen somewhere else on loan until the end of the season.

“But certainly, at the moment, we need to move a few players to bring maybe one or two in. I don’t think we need to think about anymore than that – maybe three – that would really good business.

“Whether we’ve got the capabilities to do that, time will tell as the window moves on but this one certainly was the most important and hopefully he will be a success immediately.”

Aye from that i thought Baningame and possibly Vlasic would be the most likely two mate, Lookman offers the pace needed which besides Bolasie no one else does, ofc that could change if we bring in a fast winger ofc.

The more we offload the more chances of it being 3 or that even being revised upwards mate, BFS will know this is his last chance effectively and don't think he will be sitting around just letting the chance pass him by.

IF thats a good thing or bad thing is for others to form their own opinion on ofc.

...Catalan newspaper, Sport, suggest Everton have enquired about Barcelona players, José Arnaiz and Paco Alcácer. Barcelona are unlikely to let either player leave.

Only Barca player i could envisage would be Turan, would link up well with his international teamate we just bought, been stripped of his number 7 for Coutinho, and rumours they just want him off the wage bill more than anything so may become available for a really bargain price.

Not sure.

I would be happy if we are, won't be devastated if not.

He'd definitely improve us though and as I've said - if we ship three midfielders out - we will look to bring one in.

He could easily be on the list of targets, if indeed we have a list this time (which from previous experience, is up for debate!)

He will want Nzonzi, if he can't get him - i don't know if he will bother or just go with the ones we have mate tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back