Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the team has more attacking threat when either of them are playing, so yes, they are that decent

Not really as wingers they need to do more then carry attacking threats. They need to keep to thier defensive duties which neither are very good at especially lookman.

The idea that these two 19 year old kids at the start of their careers are any form of answer to our problems or a professional football manager is keeping players out of the match day squad for "reasons" is ludicrous to me. They are kids, they need to be handled with care to get the best out of them.

They look alright coming on for the final 20 or so but have you seen lookman start in the prem? Jesus christ, hes not even in the game

DTNmUhvXcAEK7vX

We have Lewis Gibson coming through at Left Back. He was 17 when we signed him last summer, I’m not adverse to letting the season play out with Martina playing at times but would like to see Baines mentor the young lad.

Going forward, once Baines leaves we can get an older Left Back in to cover Gibson. Perhaps Martina will just be back up with Galloway & Garbutt in reserve.

I’m not convinced we will be that active this window unless an opportunity arises that we simply can’t say no too.

It’s a tricky one looking for covering left back, the last thing we need is another Cuco on the left hand side even though he’s playing there you not want I mean, money for old rope.

You are into a foreign punt then or 20 odd million on potential like Tierny or Chilwell.

You will like this one, what an utterly mad decision by Koeman/Everton it was to sell Oviedo a year ago, he would have been worth his weight in gold recently and enable proper succession planning.

He really is exactly the type of what we need at the moment.

Oviedo wanted regular first team footie mate, so the decision was pretty much forced on us.

I agree with you though, I always thought he was a decent player, but, if you go back to his old thread on here, you'll see he got dogs abuse because he wasn't world class and people ( not you I'm sure, though I might just check that in a minute ! ) wanted shut. Funny old world.

edit : You passed the vault test with flying colours !

Last edited:

As transfer windows go this one feels pretty meaningless(hopefully we can trim some deadwood), we'll finish mid-table regardless. If a quality left back comes available then get him, otherwise, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back