Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to approach this window with the view to buying an entire new defence and strike force.

2 strikers, 2 centre backs, a right back and left back required.

Mee to partner Keane, we know that works at least. Get Giroud in if he’ll come after getting very little game time again.

I’d say the over to you Walsh, but I want you gone long before then.

Targets need to be realistic. No fantasy bids for Diego Costa only to end up with no one. There’ll be players who want firat team football to impress for the World Cup. We need to be offering that and paying big fees early to get players in and offer a confidence boost.

I know it’s controversial but I’d get Jack Wilshere if there’s a chance. He’s a bell yes but he can play and graft.

This window is more important that our next management appointment in my opinion. We could get the best available manager possible but he would still have to get a tune out of a dire set of defenders, midfielders who don't want the ball and a group of strikers who are nowhere near ready to lead a premier league attack. Centre back and left back are vital and I would sign a right back as well, doesn't need to be a stellar name but Kenny is not the answer at all.

I actually think a deep midfield playmaker is needed as well. Of all of the problems this team has right now one of the biggest is that the guy who is supposed to get us playing from the back is Schneiderlin who is hiding on the football pitch, the worst crime a player can commit imo. Look at the possession stats from recent weeks, even Crystal Palace who are renowned for virtually never building possession at all completely dominated us.

Virgil was outstanding yesterday.
Looked boss on the ball, strong in the tackle and won every header.

Break the bank. Cos if we don't, they will.

I personally think we need something in center midfield.

Gana and Morgs were signed a shields and for high pressing there is little or no transition to midfield and the front four who are limited anyway arent getting anything only hopeless long balls.

Personally we could do worse then go for someone like Pascal Grob at Brighton.

Good shout, although I do worry about loans as you have to question their commitment to the club. Although as you say WC year you'd hope they'd be putting 110% in.
As you said, they wouldn't be committed to Everton. They'd be committed to making/retaining their spot on a qualifying world cup team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back