Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear lord we have an absolute clown of a LB and ageing one and he hasn’t earmarked this as a concern.

A lb that can’t go past the halfway line or literally becomes a cardboard cut out.

Don't see the point in getting rid of lennon, we shifted Mirallas and if we can get Sandro off the books that would surely be fine to include Walcott.

Bolasie/walcott as our only wingers would be another disaster

Why would Bolasie / Walcott be a disater? interesting to see all the mix views on this

Dear lord we have an absolute clown of a LB and ageing one and he hasn’t earmarked this as a concern.

A lb that can’t go past the halfway line or literally becomes a cardboard cut out.

..I presume you are connected to the club so know a LB hasn’t been ‘earmarked’.

I’m certainly not ITK but i’d be amazed if a new LB is not on the agenda, even if unlikely in this brief window.

If we sign Walcott i’d be happy to see
Besic
Stekelenberg
Lennon
Sandro
and possibly Niasse all leave, as well as obviously Barkley and Mirallas.

And even then the squad is too big.
I want all of them gone, and many more -

But.. playing out a.season where our only.wingers are Bolasie and Walcott???

Why would Bolasie / Walcott be a disater? interesting to see all the mix views on this
Because both are injury prone, and Bolasie in particular isn't even 100% yet.

It would mean Bolasie and Walcott are our only wingers?? Lennon would at least provide rotation and a completely different playstyle when we need it

..I can’t see us signing a LB in this window.

I agree we need one, but I think his priority has been to give us more attacking threat. They’re probably thinking we’ve tightened things up at the back sufficiently to get us through to the summer, especially if Galloway returns and Baines recovery is not far off. Not ideal, but adequate for the short-term.

No more incomings unless there’s outgoings is probably as much down to good housekeeping as it is finance. Ezri Konsa and Adama Soumaoro linked when we already have an abundance of CBs (Keane, Williams, Jagielka, Holgate, Mori, Feeney et al) would unbalance us further.

TBH I don't think Galloway is coming back in the main as cover for Baines, he is probably coming back as cover for Holgate.

Lookman, Vlasic and Gylfi all play out wide. That’s what I see. That’s what Sam sees.
Lookman, true say.

Vlasic hasn't really shown me anything yet.

Gylfi has been better in that no10 role and would expect him to play there if we have decent wingers around him.

Lennon and Robles both are on their last year/6 months so should both be gone this window for a few million combined.

Sandro, Niasse and possibly Besic I expect to all leave.

wouldn't mind seeing Klaassen/Vlasic go out on loan with both options of a permanent move in the summer (doubt either are going anywhere though.

Assuming Walcott is coming in then I think we still need 4 signings over these next 2 windows:

LB
CM
CB
CF

Think we might get the LB in this window and go with what we have until the summer.

Lookman, true say.

Vlasic hasn't really shown me anything yet.

Gylfi has been better in that no10 role and would expect him to play there if we have decent wingers around him.

We just don’t need Lennon if Walcott signs. Davies could probably do what he does tbh.

When United signed him the Guardian reported him to be on about 130k pw, how accurate that is i dunno, but then again United are paying Lingaard over 100k aren't they...
He said probably their best player right now, so not sure why that's a concern, especially for that club.

Because both are injury prone, and Bolasie in particular isn't even 100% yet.

It would mean Bolasie and Walcott are our only wingers?? Lennon would at least provide rotation and a completely different playstyle when we need it

I guess, you still have Lookman Vlasic and Sig who has played on the left side most of the season still.

I guess, you still have Lookman Vlasic and Sig who has played on the left side most of the season still.
Aye, another poster pointed this out to me -
But sig is best at no10 and I expect us to be signing wingers so we can actually play him in that role more often.

Vlasic has shown us nothing and should probably be loaned out imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back