Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we got £135m in tv-money, £90m for Lukaku, that is £225m.

How come we need to sell players, in order to buy new one?

Moshiri told us, he would spend big on a striker, to replace Lukaku. Never happend though.

Soo where are all the money going? And when is Moshiri going to replace Lukaku?
It is about squad size, not money.

My opinion of him having watched him, he's not a natural left back as he doesn't have the 'sense' of whats going on in front or behind him, and has no end product, and he hasn't got the build or natural instinct to play cb.

In short, physically talented - decent technique, good speed etc but not a natural player if that makes any sense
Yeah I totally agree with that.

I've said before that he reminds me of Rodwell, in that he played centre half as a kid, and lots of people therefore assume that's what he is, but he doesn't really look particularly suited to doing it at senior level. Rodwell's been playing for 10 years now, and Galloway's shortly going to turn 22, and I reckon they've only ever played about 2 senior games at centre half between them. Funnily enough, I always thought Galloway looked more likely to be a central midfielder personally, he seems to have a good engine, likes to get stuck in, decent on the ball etc, and I know he played there a few times for MK Dons. Doesn't look like many coaches agree with me though, he may not have the quality on the ball that they're looking for.

My only guess on it is he's doing this 'one at a time' thing (which is insane but still), and the Walcott opportunity arose so focus is on that....surely he must see the Left Back issue....surely to god?!

Think and some others have suggested it as well that we are waiting on United before going for Shaw, know you don't rate the lad as well, but the lack of activity would suggest maybe that has some truth in it.

Either that or we really are totally inept...

wonder if getting walcott means no gaitan, or whether he's more of a niasse replacement? Suppose he can play wing or be a second pacey striker which will be handy, thought he was older than 28 tbh, think it'll be a fairly good signing to help us bridge the gap over the next 3 or so years, and by then we should be looking to make a step up.

My day of correcting good posters here mate, Holgate played right in a back three that day, didn't play cb again for a long time either after that game - think it was Aunautovic who badly exposed him that day.
My turn to correct a good poster. Crouch played on Holgates shoulder that day which was very blustery. Long balls held up in rhe swirling wind played havoc in that first half and the kid had a stinker.

He didnt put a foot wrong in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back