Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was just thinking off that post on the previous page. Who would you actually keep in our squad now for next season?

Goalkeeper Pickford
Defenders Holgate, Kenny, Keane
Midfielders Gana, Davies, Lookman, Sig, Vlasic, Bolasie
Attack: Tosun, DCL

When you look at it like that, we need a total overhaul. Another eleven players. And a reduction of the same out. And Is this constant churn of manager and players helpful?
Buying too many players at once didn’t work out too well last summer.
While I agree with the players you mentioned to bring in 11 players in 2 windows is far too many plus shifting 10/11 players on decent wages is not going to be easy.
Oh add Rooney to your list , he’s not going anywhere this season or next.
Maybe will play one more after that in vastly reduced wages

I would like to see Galloway come back to the club, go back into the under 23 set up and see if he can be rebuilt from scratch.
It isn't that long ago that he was one of the players that we were pinning our future hopes on, but two disastrous loans seem to have destroyed him as a player and in one game I saw him playing for Sunderland he looked as if he didn't have a clue what he was doing. Ironically, both managers have lost their jobs at the clubs he was on loan.

Shouldn't be signing anyone on a perm deal until we work out how we want to play.

I'd be loaning a left back and a passing centre midfielder as a matter of urgency.

Other than that sort out how we want to play (and I'd be recommending the same style every successful club in Europe plays), who we are getting to manage it (I'd be recommending Paolo Fonseca who is a realistic target and has a proven record of coaching it) and putting together a recruitment team to identify and push through deals.
Just on your last sentence there
With Kenwright in charge of transfers we will never PUSH through deals.
At the AGM he said he does transfers except in the case of Tosun who Walsh completed in relatively short time ( compared to last day Bill to save wages )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back