Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club might be in for a little bit of a rude awakening with the lack of season ticket renewals they see in the next few weeks. Not to mention the feedback they are receiving when they phone round to encourage renewals.

Sadly they won't mate, people I know who currently won't go whilst he's in charge are still renewing, the stadium carrot is ensuring that, ultimately if I was back living local, it'd probably work with me too...

Sadly they won't mate, people I know who currently won't go whilst he's in charge are still renewing, the stadium carrot is ensuring that, ultimately if I was back living local, it'd probably work with me too...

I'll continue to go to 3 or 4 games a year as I've been doing for a while. I did have plans on getting a ST, but given the cost of flying in at least a dozen times in the year to make it worthwhile, I think I'll not bother now, and absolutely not with Allardyce.

I fully expect a bit more ground news at renewal time, it’s the main reason season tickets sales are at record highs. I renewed with an hour to go last time, but I will give it a miss next season.

..that’s my fear. If the team is stable I fear that will suffice for Moshiri, allowing him to concentrate on the new ground.

Allardyce doesn't do stable mate, he does season long struggles and last ditch survival.

Moshiri doesn't have the boys pen rhetoric to hide behind, if he delivers crap on the pitch the fans will turn on him soon enough. Bill being a blue was what shielded him to a large degree.

Reactions: JLW
It does all apply. I only stated things that have actually happened or are fact.
The following is subjective: People keep saying that we aren’t one of the worst teams, but we get outplayed by all the *worse* teams, even if we have managed to sneak a win, we have still been outplayed. Regardless of the managers tactics, the players do not look like they know how to play football and the basics have gone.
So players who 90% of all had decent or good seasons last season just forgot how to play football? Come on mate, it starts with the coaching, physically and mentally, followed by the tactics and team selections, then it's down to the players come match day. So they've either down tools again or simply the coaching staff arent doing a good enough job.

..sorry, Matey. I’m not proposing it, i’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised.

I know mate... I just can't bare the thought of it. If I tell myself it's till the end of the season and it's a few more months it's ok.... then if he stays I can tell myself it's just one more season I can't handle the thought of knowing it's going to be another 70+ games

I'm sure you watched our.performances away at Bournemouth and.WBA so deep down.inside.you.know there will be no easier games before the season ends.
Exactly mate and that's what I take issue with because on paper there should be a handful of easy games but there isn't and I think that's due to bad coaching/ management. A LB and Walcott and there can be no excuses for not beating anyone outside the top 6 imo

I know mate... I just can't bare the thought of it. If I tell myself it's till the end of the season and it's a few more months it's ok.... then if he stays I can tell myself it's just one more season I can't handle the thought of knowing it's going to be another 70+ games

..it’s the whole ‘stable’ that makes me think it could be longer. By ‘stable’, I mean Walsh, Shakespeare, Lee and Allardyce. Walsh has got his men in and if Allardyce goes, I suspect it’ll be when all of them go.

Exactly mate and that's what I take issue with because on paper there should be a handful of easy games but there isn't and I think that's due to bad coaching/ management. A LB and Walcott and there can be no excuses for not beating anyone outside the top 6 imo
The odds of it being " bad coaching" from Martinez,Koeman,Unsworth and now Allardyce are pretty remote.I'd lean towards the fact that we are an average side who can only attract average players.And when we have the blind luck to sign top talent.they soon realise they are wasting their time and quickly move on to greener pastures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back