Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The major problem we have no-one who can take the sting out games..hold it chill pass move..footy is a simple game...any future signing must when going through a medical demonstrate this very basic task...Knowing Everton the communication will be all skewed.. and when it does reach the medical team..they sign someone who hoofs like a kin rugby player..

The major problem we have no-one who can take the sting out games..hold it chill pass move..footy is a simple game...any future signing must when going through a medical demonstrate this very basic task...Knowing Everton the communication will be all skewed.. and when it does reach the medical team..they sign someone who hoofs like a kin rugby player..

Barry did but too old.

Basically even an average Joe Allen, Mark Noble, Shelvey like midfielder would improve us massively

Walcott isn’t the answer. Been in this league 11 years and can anyone recall him having a great season were everyone sits up and takes notice. We’re doing what we done with the likes of Gibson, Saha taking cast offs who will give us the odd few goals and performance. We’ve got Lookman and Vlasic there who id rather play week in week out we aren’t gonna finish in a European place so why not use these two for the remaining games of this season what worse can happen we’re out of cups not in Europe it is a no brainier. The priority is a left back we should be doing everything to solve that, Throw 15-20 million at Celtic for Kieran Tierney that’s Are left back position sorted for a long long time kids quality.
Because Sam is going to play it super safe the rest of the season and he'll use the Spurs result as the catalyst for that, he has his excuse now, and he practically said as much in his post presser.

We'll probably finish well outside the top 10 with around 40 pts. Sam is already in the papers mentioning relegation fights even though we are 9th and there are at least 6 to 10 teams worse than us on paper. We are well capable of beating WBA with the right tactics and team selection, which will have us firmly looking up with a run of easier fixtures coming. I'm sure our players bereft of confidence will read that and feel fired up for the game, not.

The word relegation shouldn't even be uttered with this team, he's playing into the whole thing and playing into the bad start to the season, bcuz he's decided he doesn't want to be ambitious or take risks to push us up the table he wants to play it safe so he can say "I saved Everton from relegation and they still sacked me" when the reality is, had he just set us up to play half decent football, nothing special even, we would've finished 8th at worst and he probably would've got another season. I just don't get it at all like, this was his last chance to shut the naysayers up and he's taking the easy bare minimum option.

Because Sam is going to play it super safe the rest of the season and he'll use the Spurs result as the catalyst for that, he has his excuse now, and he practically said as much in his post presser.

We'll probably finish well outside the top 10 with around 40 pts. Sam is already in the papers mentioning relegation fights even though we are 9th and there are at least 6 to 10 teams worse than us on paper. We are well capable of beating WBA with the right tactics and team selection, which will have us firmly looking up with a run of easier fixtures coming. I'm sure our players bereft of confidence will read that and feel fired up for the game, not.

The word relegation shouldn't even be uttered with this team, he's playing into the whole thing and playing into the bad start to the season, bcuz he's decided he doesn't want to be ambitious or take risks to push us up the table he wants to play it safe so he can say "I saved Everton from relegation and they still sacked me" when the reality is, had he just set us up to play half decent football, nothing special even, we would've finished 8th at worst and he probably would've got another season. I just don't get it at all like, this was his last chance to shut the naysayers up and he's taking the easy bare minimum option.

..WBA recently got a point at Anfield. It will be anything but easy regardless of which team he puts out.

The thing is the players have been crap all season, it isn’t just down to Allardyce’s tactics and selections.

Is worrying that 0 left backs have been linked but it doesn't mean anything, seems like we're doing it one at a time so all that means is we haven't begun negotiations for one yet. Hopefully there's a list.

I'd go for Martin from Espanyol but only seen him twice, might be wank the rest of the time

We are 9th but we are closer to relegation zone than we are to 7th (same points but closer on GD). And which easy run of games is this? In the next 6 matches we have to play Leicester, arsenal and Burnley, who are all ahead of us and have all beaten us already this season. As well as a rejuvenated palace and a West Brom side that got a point at anfield and have finally won a game, meaning they will be much more confident. The only team we have to play in that 6 games that we have managed to beat is Watford, and they outplayed us for the first hour of that game.

..WBA recently got a point at Anfield. It will be anything but easy regardless of which team he puts out.

Which is how allardyce will portray this game, West Bromwich at home is one if the easiest fixtures of the season, don't be fooled by the hyperbole from our utter joke of a manager mate, you're too smart to fall for the line that will see him in charge next season with Walsh and the possible permanent damage they will long term cause.

We don't take 3 this weekend, we are in trouble and it doesn't look like we'll have a new LB so...

...Terrier is interesting. Watched the PSG game they won. They packed it in and played 4-5-1 with Terrier wide left most of the match, with a quick stint as the sole forward, and then he moved to the right for a bit. Crazy pace, good in the air actually. Diagonal runs behind the defense, decent first touch. He was defending a lot so hard to tell a whole lot. Reminds me of Timo Warner a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back