Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For 3-4 seasons I’ve dreamed of signing Fabregas or someone of his ilk. He for me would be Everton’s Robinho signing. Big name, brilliant passer of the ball, bit of snide and brings players into the game. A proper lock-picker. For the guff we’ve wasted our money on we could have attracted that type of marquee signing and it could’ve made a huge difference.

He couldn't even get in the Bournemouth team, he definitely isn't robinho renowned. I don't think he offers much more than our current crop of crabs tbh.

Why wouldn't we mate, check out BFS and Walsh record at Newcastle, didn't stop them there - they know the player, they know the agent and the agent knows them, a big money transfer would suit all parties.

Neither BFS or Walsh are stupid enough to think they will be here long term mate, they will maximise whats best for themselves personally whilst they can.
Surely even BFS can't get a crocked player through the infamous Everton medical. If you've had a cold in the last decade you fail.

Surely even BFS can't get a crocked player through the infamous Everton medical. If you've had a cold in the last decade you fail.

Brown envelopes help smooth that process out mate, but hey it's the DoF who will make the final decision based on all evidence, good job we have one whose got no doubt on his reputation then isn't it...

and the famous everton medical is a myth mate, and shows how dodgy our 'team' doing them is, we have failed players on spurious reasons before to avoid spending, IF we want to spend then we can easily pass someone who shouldn't, it depends on whats motivating the transfer...

What's so bad about him?

He's great in the air, quick and strong. Can hold the ball up or get in-behind, playing either out wide or down the middle.

Only thing that's stopped him scoring consistently has been injuries, which of course would be a worry.

He's crocked for a number of weeks for a start.

He has good physical attributes, technically he is hugely lacking, and his goalscoring rate is nothing special. I don't see him as creative or a goal treat, so essentially I see him as a slightly worse version of Yannick Bolasie, who I don't really rate either.

West Ham fans are happy to see him leave, that tells you something in itself...

The feeling is with him, is he's become a bit of a big time charlie and began to believe his own hype. It's always dangerous for a player, but even more so for a lad who's main attribute was his power and work rate as opposed to technical ability. I always liked him, but their criticism of him is worrying.

The feeling is with him, is he's become a bit of a big time charlie and began to believe his own hype. It's always dangerous for a player, but even more so for a lad who's main attribute was his power and work rate as opposed to technical ability. I always liked him, but their criticism of him is worrying.

Antonio strikes me as a pure instinct player, when he has no time to think like when he's attacking the back post for a header or is racing onto a ball in behind a defence he looks pretty effective. When he has time to think however, and is made to rely on technical ability over pace and power, his game looks quite ugly. When he was asked to play right back that time the amount of times he was found out and made huge errors was incredible, I know it's not his natural position but he looked so uncomfortable that you actually felt sorry for him. Definitely showed him up as someone who has very limited football IQ.

Anyway in summary, swerve.

We need actual footballers, we can’t keep getting players who rely on work rate and power with no skill because when they join the Everton holiday camp for lads on tour the first two of those attributes quickly disappear.

Shaw - £15m-20m
Would certainly give us what we need. Good defender who likes to get forward. Out of contract in the summer so need to try get price down as much as possible. Could be our left back for many years if he can stay fit.

Walcott - £20m
Can't say i'm overly keen on Walcott. Keep reading the stat of him getting 19 goals last season. That's in a team which has a lot of possession and doesn't invite constant pressure. We certainly need some pace and he could give us that. World Cup year, probably his last chance of going to one and will have a point to prove.

Centre Back's.
We need to address the area. There are many CB's out there but we need a winner and leader in that back line. De Vrij from Lazio out on contract in the summer, can imagine they are keen to sell on for about £20-25m.
If we are looking for a left sided CB though, i really like Ake from Bournemouth. Can't see them selling unless for big money. John Brooks from Wolfsburg i've always rated. Solid left footed CB.

Centre Mid's.
Besic likely to leave, i'd have Davies go out on loan. N'Zonzi is still a possibility however i'm not convinced. Wilshere is a player i'd love. Snidey ba**ard who is great on the ball and finds space and moves the ball on quickly. Problem is keeping him fit. 6 months left on his contract, would imagine he will sign a new deal but worth a go.
Rafinha has been linked, loan deal with a view to permanent. Very tidy player who can play a number of positions. Definitely wouldn't say no.

In reality we need a lot in and a lot out if we want to make a serious challenge pushing into that top 6 though. Miles away at the minute.

Last thing we need here is more attitude and bad eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back