Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is how allardyce will portray this game, West Bromwich at home is one if the easiest fixtures of the season, don't be fooled by the hyperbole from our utter joke of a manager mate, you're too smart to fall for the line that will see him in charge next season with Walsh and the possible permanent damage they will long term cause.

..I have increasing reservations about Walsh, Ste. Indeed, i’m a bit uneasy about everything at the club at this point in time. Perhaps, it’s because it’s Blue Monday.

I fully expect Allardyce to be here next season and I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if he gets a new contract. I think that’s the reality.

We are 9th but we are closer to relegation zone than we are to 7th (same points but closer on GD). And which easy run of games is this? In the next 6 matches we have to play Leicester, arsenal and Burnley, who are all ahead of us and have all beaten us already this season. As well as a rejuvenated palace and a West Brom side that got a point at anfield and have finally won a game, meaning they will be much more confident. The only team we have to play in that 6 games that we have managed to beat is Watford, and they outplayed us for the first hour of that game.
All that would apply if we had one of the worst teams in the league mate and we don't. Our team is average to good, yes we aren't playing like it but the squad is there (minus a left back) and tbh team selections and tactics are probably playing a big part in the results. The team is being badly managed from manager to manager.

..I have increasing reservations about Walsh, Ste. Indeed, i’m a bit uneasy about everything at the club at this point in time. Perhaps, it’s because it’s Blue Monday.

I fully expect Allardyce to be here next season and I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if he gets a new contract. I think that’s the reality.

He might be here next season but I think the club know that the optics of giving Allardyce a new deal would be terrible and far reaching. I actually think it would hurt our prospects of finding investment for the stadium if outside third parties foresaw that Allardcye would be here long term as its a striking lack of ambition.

I'm a little bit more optimistic that we won't have to get to used to Big Samball. I think he knew he had an excellent bargaining position due to how desperate the club were and got that extra year. It guarantees him a £6m severance package if the club beak his contract, which I think he'll be more that happy enough to receive.

If he keeps us in the top half, clears out some dross and leaves us with some solid new additions then I'll have nothing against him.

Did i really read somebody not interested in signing Cesc Fabregas???

He would never come here, ever, 20 years after retirement still won’t

If you can’t see that he is an incredible footballer this sport really isnt for you at all try rugby ffs

This place really worries me sometimes

1 page later people providing arguments as to how Antonio would be good for us

Jesus

He might be here next season but I think the club know that the optics of giving Allardyce a new deal would be terrible and far reaching. I actually think it would hurt our prospects of finding investment for the stadium if outside third parties foresaw that Allardcye would be here long term as its a striking lack of ambition.

I'm a little bit more optimistic that we won't have to get to used to Big Samball. I think he knew he had an excellent bargaining position due to how desperate the club were and got that extra year. It guarantees him a £6m severance package if the club beak his contract, which I think he'll be more that happy enough to receive.

If he keeps us in the top half, clears out some dross and leaves us with some solid new additions then I'll have nothing against him.

..I just wonder if Moshiri has been stung by the transition from Koeman to Allardyce and won’t be in a hurry to go through that again. I might be wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple of mid-table finishes would see Allardyce rewarded with a new contract.

All conjecture of course.

Please don't say things like that

That Terrier looks pretty good from the 5-minute video I watched on Youtube, 7 goals in 5 games for the France u21s aswell. Anyone watch him in a full game?

I think he finishes 14th or above, he will be given another contract...

We are bad knobs like that.

All that would apply if we had one of the worst teams in the league mate and we don't. Our team is average to good, yes we aren't playing like it but the squad is there (minus a left back) and tbh team selections and tactics are probably playing a big part in the results. The team is being badly managed from manager to manager.

It does all apply. I only stated things that have actually happened or are fact.
The following is subjective: People keep saying that we aren’t one of the worst teams, but we get outplayed by all the *worse* teams, even if we have managed to sneak a win, we have still been outplayed. Regardless of the managers tactics, the players do not look like they know how to play football and the basics have gone.

The club might be in for a little bit of a rude awakening with the lack of season ticket renewals they see in the next few weeks. Not to mention the feedback they are receiving when they phone round to encourage renewals.

He cant be our manager next year and shame on us as a fan if we allow it to happen.

Then the club's utterly screwed mate frankly, and not just short term but for a long long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back