Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journalists ask the stupidest questions. Not one mentioned a fullback. They'd rather talk about Arsenal and golf courses.

I think Trumps right about the pathetic service the media provide.

Sports media has become one of the biggest jokes in a once respected profession. They are right alongside tabloid press when it comes to the bottom of the barrel and they don't have a shred of decency or investigative integrity left. Whenever you hear about a lower league club on the brink of financial meltdown, or a club with utterly corrupt owners bleeding the club and the fans dry the last place you will hear about it is the established sports press. I think Memphis Depay, a player who failed miserably at United, got more press than the entirety of clubs outside of the Premier League when he was here because of what cars he would drive or what ridiculous clothes he wore. Sports journalism has become a failed profession, with obviously some notable exceptions.

Anyway rant over, where's this dead boss left back we need?

Someone deffo should have mentioned a left-back but someone said Bernat, you've been linked with as Sam starts answering a question.

Just shut up at that point and mention it as follow up, i.e. 'So are we to presume you aren't looking at Bernat like mentioned yesterday/are we to presume you're happy with your current left-back situation?'

Basic stuff this.

Do you think someone will ask it in that one they do off the TV after?

Yeah it does seem a weird trip to take to watch an injured player, interest in both players with Lille being in a bad financial mess, would suggest we would look to take advantage of that - wouldn't be shocked to see both players bought, with Terrier left on loan at Strasbourg the rest of the season.

Wouldn't shock at all to see both arriving for a moderate 20-25m fee combined (announced as a lot more with addons etc)

The Terrier one seems really odd, as we were close to him for a much lower fee in the summer. The question may be asked why go back for him at double or treble the cost?

I suppose the counter to that though, is lads can kick on in 6 months. Take DCL for example, who looks a similar build and profile, but one who's blue to us has risen massively in 6 months. I suspect Terrier has shown he's a bit more than an under 23s prospect and is now a good option for the first team. Some French outlets saying he's actually more impressive than Dembele and around the same age.

Looks like Lille are looking to sell both. If as you say there's a discount available both could be smart signings.

We only have two games before end of window, i expect we will ow wait till towards end of window when prices will drop/more players will become available on loan etc

We just have to hope someone wants to buy our rubbish...

Do not ever post clown pictures on this forum ever again
They are nasty ,fear inspiring ,and life ruining
There is a well known and frequently documented phobia called Coulrophobia
which has ruined many a persons life.
Another phobia although less known and rarely documented is
sinistram pedephobia which greatly affects a leading member of ourfirst team on a daily basis
Phobias are not something to be laughed at and either are clowns

Part of me hopes he gets absolutely roasted again by whoever Brom play right wing. If I was Pardew I would let that Oliver Burke at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back