Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would make a substantial bet that we will bring in a left back before the close of the window.

I think the exercise today was about highlighting that we have players for sale. January is a difficult time to buy players , I expect to see clubs rummaging through our squad like buyers in a second hand book shop.

And then walking away empty handed, like most people do when they go into second hand bookshops.

Sell Niasse, Lennon and Besic.

Can't be that hard.

Would you seriously entertain Niasse or Besic if you were a football club manager?

Lennon yes, but sicknote Besic and headless chicken Niasse?

It's no wonder half way through this window and despite all of Sam's quotes saying we have to trim the squad, the only one whose gone permanently is Barkley.

The rest are complete gash.

Would you seriously entertain Niasse or Besic if you were a football club manager?

Lennon yes, but sicknote Besic and headless chicken Niasse?

It's no wonder half way through this window and despite all of Sam's quotes saying we have to trim the squad, the only one whose gone permanently is Barkley.

The rest are complete gash.
There has got to be team more desperate than ourselves, somewhere.

..you have to think there’s substance in some of the links, including the Bayern LB, Soumaoro and Terrier from Lille and Konsa from Charlton. I wonder if they are lined up for summer (Bayern apparently don’t want to sell mid-season; Soumaoro has fitness to prove; Terrier is on loan at Strasbourg and Konsa is getting game time).

Perhaps the only way the situation changes is if another club forces our hand.

They can laugh all the want. Mahrez will be gone in the summer, as will Demarai Gray. Their backline will be another year older and slower. They aren't a draw for decent players. They certainly won't be laughing in the near future.

He might be gone in the summer, but it will be for a good price... as for Gray he's signed a new contract and has a lot to learn. If Mahrez goes then he will get more of a chance to grow as well. Nobody is currently going to buy him who are higher than us.

As for the backline. The defence at Chelsea and last 4 games has been:

Chilwell 21, Amartey 23, Maguire 24, Dragovic 26.

Take Mahrez out of the starting line up and the others are also of a decent age. N'didi 21, James 26, Albrighton 28, Gray 21. Adrien Silva will probably take Jame's place and he's only 28.

Only Vardy and Okazaki are aging really at 31 and 32. Iheanacho shows glimpses of quality and is only 21. Get another young striker in and we're set for a while I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back