Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
- The Independent says Everton Manager, Sam Allardyce, has almost admitted defeat in his attempts to sign a Left Back. The Daily Mail, however, reports Allardyce might switch his attention to 28 year old West Ham defender Aaron Cresswell.
Man, I wish there was some way to get in a left back. Like a door or something. And that we had someone who could, I don't know, maybe look at some and say "hey, that's both a position we need and that guy is much much much better than what we currently have"

Man, I wish there was some way to get in a left back. Like a door or something. And that we had someone who could, I don't know, maybe look at some and say "hey, that's both a position we need and that guy is much much much better than what we currently have"

...I don’t know the situation, Riddick, but perhaps the LB Allardyce really wants isn’t available until summer. If that’s the case, he clearly feels he’s best waiting rather than get somebody in who will do, especially if Baines is due back soon.

...I don’t know the situation, Riddick, but perhaps the LB Allardyce really wants isn’t available until summer. If that’s the case, he clearly feels he’s best waiting rather than get somebody in who will do, especially if Baines is due back soon.

You could be right. Or maybe he's taken a good look at Garbutt in training (as he said he would) and thought - let's give him a go. The lad seems to get a panning on here and yet my recollection - admittedly from a couple of pre-season games a year or two back - is that he was actually quite good. He got forward and crossed well and has a sweet left foot. The question mark was around how his defensive qualities would develop.

But come on, Garbutt, or Cuco the Clown???

Its a world cup year. There has got to be at least ONE lb available for even a loan. This isn't hyperbole on my end, Martina is the single worst player I can recall ever seeing playing at this high a level. It's like they did a contest where a fan gets to play in a competitive match and, for some reason, kept on playing them. And I don't think all fans would be as poor as he is.

Im sure there is an experienced pro, or a player out of favour we could take on loan for 6 months if that is the case.

There is nothing wrong with getting in a stop gap if it is for the greater good next season.

Unless he has identified garbutt as that stop gap

Im sure there is an experienced pro, or a player out of favour we could take on loan for 6 months if that is the case.

There is nothing wrong with getting in a stop gap if it is for the greater good next season.

Unless he has identified garbutt as that stop gap

...he’s said he want to cut the squad, so a stop gap now plus a long-term acquisition in the summer means 2 extra players coming in. Lots depends on Baines’ return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back