January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or even when Timak mentioned him first on the forum :)

Agreed. I'd rather us go big and sign someone like Leon Bailey (young player of the year in Belgium, plays like Raheem Sterling) or Alexander Isak (17 year old Swedish striker already scoring in top division) who fill positions we are weak in than 28 year old established players.

Timak, Sep 30, 2016Repor

I'm sure @Zatara will back me up when I say we should be targeting:

Leon Bailey
Alexander Isak
Wilfred Ndidi

Timak, Nov 3, 2016

We could have had those 3 for a combined £40m and they would already be first choice players for us and worth about treble. Instead we signed peak age players who have gone downhill.

We'll learn some day.
5BC50C27-3916-4915-A4E6-206A83C959DE.webp

Oh joy of joys, another defensive midfielder

WE WANT THEM ALL......

Sam wants us to be more boring, the 20,000 shots we have had on goal in the last month has redefined who he wants to sign, he didnt want "Cenk" he was saying "Centre Backs" and "centre Mids" and someone brought the pint of bisto in.

Messed it all up really, Doris, this is your fault.

Agreed. I'd rather us go big and sign someone like Leon Bailey (young player of the year in Belgium, plays like Raheem Sterling) or Alexander Isak (17 year old Swedish striker already scoring in top division) who fill positions we are weak in than 28 year old established players.

Timak, Sep 30, 2016Repor

Leon Bailey
Alexander Isak
Wilfred Ndidi

Timak, Nov 3, 2016

We could have had those 3 for a combined £40m and they would already be first choice players for us and worth about treble. Instead we signed peak age players who have gone downhill.

We'll learn some day.
Ndidi was a great shout, fantastic player for Leicester. Not seen the other two play but both were boss on FM17.

Why would any of those 3 come to Everton though? Isak turned down Real Madrid and went to Dortmund. Bailey went to Germany (closer to home, similar style of football) to play in the Champions League and Ndidi went to the Premier League Champions.

Ndidi was a great shout, fantastic player for Leicester. Not seen the other two play but both were boss on FM17.

Why would any of those 3 come to Everton though? Isak turned down Real Madrid and went to Dortmund. Bailey went to Germany (closer to home, similar style of football) to play in the Champions League and Ndidi went to the Premier League Champions.

Isak and Bailey? No chance for Bailey at moment i'd say. Isak unproven at top level. Falls into same bracket as those bed wetting over the young Ajax lad in the summer. What a season he's had by the way.

That is a fair point, I don't think we'd have got Isak. However Ndidi and Bailey were both achievable I reckon. Given the money we've spent I reckon we'd have offered a lot more in wages.

Timak, Sep 30, 2016Repor

Leon Bailey
Alexander Isak
Wilfred Ndidi

Timak, Nov 3, 2016

We'll learn some day.
Surely Leicester would want upwards of £30m for Ndidi? He's fantastic.

Why it so hard to understand Leverkusen are less attractive than Everton.
Leverkusen might be less attractive, but the next team he goes to won't be. He already knows he's heading to one of the big clubs. This isn't Football Manager. You don't just go "ah yeah, him, he's good, let's have him" like you seem to think we should do. So what if Bluetoff or anyone else for that matter mentioned his name way back when. He's not part of the clubs recruitment team and neither, for that matter, are you.

They would, probably a lot more than that.

This was me saying we could have had those 3 when I mentioned them for that sort of combined fee.

I think you are spot on mate. Bailey in particular looks to have really kicked on. We were also close to Son in summer 2016 free he hasn't settled at Spurs and we looked at D Grey when he had the release clause around 12 million pounds.

On the advise of Koeman and under the guise of "proven Premier league players" we spent similar money on Sigurdsson & Schneiderlin and Klaassen (who to be fair I didn't view as an awful signing just one that hasn't worked out).

Whats clear for me, is Steve Walsh has a great eye for a player but doesn't seem to have the confidence and skills to close deals. When you look at the list, Son, Grey, Ndidi, Mahrez, Kante, Vardy, Bailey, Isak, Lookman, Vlasic, Gueye etc you see a guy who has an adept eye for locating talent. We would be better served backing his judgement and finding a coach to utilise his skills. I also think we need a DOF above him to work more at te squad management, maneger interaction, and overarching questions he struggles with.

Problem is, that because people call out a 18-20 year old, to be the next Messi, it is not always going to happen.

We need proven players, aswell. Like Walcott, Rooney and to some extend Niasse and Sigurd.

Especialy in this quicksand we are in, it would make sense to invest, in a 28 year old Walcott.

Time to put a donck on it... (FML SORRY)

Think we have been linked with every single player west ham have been linked with this january, its how we are seen in the press, on a similar level to them so they link us both with all the same players

West Ham are interested in (insert players name here), although they face competition from Everton & (insert another premier league club below 7th) for the (insert nationality) signiture.

Oh i yearn for the days when we were in battles with Spurs and the RS for players

Isak and Bailey? No chance for Bailey at moment i'd say. Isak unproven at top level. Falls into same bracket as those bed wetting over the young Ajax lad in the summer. What a season he's had by the way.
I think all 3 will be stars in the future and would love them all here, especially for the 40 million @Timak mentioned. My point was that all 3 had better offers than us at the time and would have turned us down anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back