Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the benchmark for a quality LB is Cuco Martina then I would argue that there isn’t a shortage of quality to replace him. He’s absolutely dire and if Steve Walsh can’t identify a player of higher quality than him (even on loan) then he needs binning ASAP.

Tbf he's not first choice and we can't buy a left back just because baines is injured for a couple of weeks. I'm not happy about it, was looking forward to Bernat, but if someone like him isn't available now but will be in the summer, it's best to wait. If we actually had anything remotely to play for (no we're not in a relegation battle imo), then this would be even more crazy. Gutted because I actually thought we were going to do something about that area. It's been amateur all season in that position, as well as centre back. Heavy investment in that area needed in the summer.

And what we end up with then is a bunch of utter no mark mercenaries, who at the slightest hint of trouble, down tools and leave us in the crapper. Bit like this current lot have done.

Comparing quality like Lucas Moura to Klaassan and Schnerderlin lol

Okay lets just keep being in the top 4 spenders in the league and sign cast offs and dross and see how far that takes us :Blink:

Only way we can compete with the top 6 is to pay wages to match them - spending similiar transfer fee's but on top 8-10 standard players will see us dp a QPR.

How is it that spurs get moura for £25mill and we waste £27mill in bolasie, £25mill on klaasen, and £45 in gylfi...

All down to levy. London must be the only reason spurs keep getting these players that are way bigger than them.

I look at lloris, alderweireld, vertonghan, modric and van der vaart. All borderline world class when they joined and they didn't even cost much. I don't really understand it too be honest. Especially when they pay small wages. He's one hell of a negotiator.

Seemingly and this this could be pure jarg but Jose has put Sanchez’s locker next to Rashfords so they start to develope a partnership of sorts
Rashford is not going anywhere
Luke Shaw on the other hand

Rashford will be even further down the pecking order now Sánchez has signed

lol Lockers next to each other to develop a partnership, good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back